What kind of faucet is this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike37

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been offered this faucet by a guy I know. He doesn't seem to know anything about it and I've never seen anything like it. There's a sticker on the front that says "Dalex". A quick search turned up a couple results, but they were about plastic faucets which seem popular in the UK.

The beer line sort of "plugs in" to a fitting on the shank and the bottom of the spout is threaded. This thing looks like a stout faucet to me. Any guesses?

image-760075274.jpg

Yeah, I don't know. I'm not one to waste money on stuff like this where it might be somewhat cool at best and really lame at worst. Think I'll pass.

Thanks! I think it's a fantastic looking piece, no doubt. But the threaded nozzle tells me it probably isn't a stout faucet and you're supposed to thread on a sparkler tip if you want. Their popularity in the UK reinforces that, I think.

Thanks! I think it's a fantastic looking piece, no doubt. But the threaded nozzle tells me it probably isn't a stout faucet and you're supposed to thread on a sparkler tip if you want. Their popularity in the UK reinforces that, I think.

If you Google it you'll find both sparkler/straightener inserts and restrictor plate inserts for it, in many differing sizes.

Wow I don't know how I missed all that. I did end up buying it from him. I'm sure I could sell it for at least the $20 he wanted for it. Even if I can fit a restrictor disc in there, either bought or DIY, I'll be happy.

Latest posts

Back