What is your go-to online store for bulk hops (pellet) purchase?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuda6pak

Reaction score
Looking around I see many options, but some occasional reviews saying the hops arrived with the seal not intact, etc. I'd like to order from somewhere with mylar bags, nitrogen flushed, and stored correctly from when they were harvested.

So, what's your favorite place for quality and price?

I second farmhouse brewing. Their hop prices are phenomenal. I also occasionally use Yakima Valley hops due to their huge selection and experimental varieties

I've used Farmhouse, Yakima Valley, Hops Direct, ect. I usually just go with the one that has the best prices or has everything that I want in stock. I like Farmhouse, because of the 4oz bags, but I've gotten consistently good quality from the three I mentioned. I once got a pound in mylar that got a pinprick hole in the bag so it lost the seal, but I just resealed the bag in a FoodSaver bag. If you're going to be buying in bulk, you have to have a way to portion and store the hops anyway. If I were you, I'd go to each of the vendors listed and make a spreadsheet with prices and shipping and see which is cheapest.

Since I didn't see them mentioned already, I really like Labelpeelers, because of the low prices, hop union packaging, and they always have sales going on.

I've used a couple other's that I like as well, including, From Grain to Glass, and Farmhouse Brewing Supply.

In Canada - hopsconnect.com.

- cheap shipping
- great service
- lots of choice and product - even some hard to find, all at great pricing (most under $20 a pound)
- great packaging (resealable vacu-sealed silver bags)
- also has growing supplies

Last edited:
Thanks for all the ideas guys.

I've used Farmhouse, Yakima Valley, Hops Direct, ect. I usually just go with the one that has the best prices or has everything that I want in stock. I like Farmhouse, because of the 4oz bags, but I've gotten consistently good quality from the three I mentioned. I once got a pound in mylar that got a pinprick hole in the bag so it lost the seal, but I just resealed the bag in a FoodSaver bag. If you're going to be buying in bulk, you have to have a way to portion and store the hops anyway. If I were you, I'd go to each of the vendors listed and make a spreadsheet with prices and shipping and see which is cheapest.

Plan to use some mason jars, vacuum cap attachment, and some O2 absorbing packets and put them in the freezer.

Thanks for all the ideas guys.

Plan to use some mason jars, vacuum cap attachment, and some O2 absorbing packets and put them in the freezer.

That's what I did for years. Just picked up a Foodsaver on sale, so I can portion out and vacuum seal in the bags. Just a little less bulky, though the jars work great.

Since your a local Nashvillian I would say check out
http://www.randbswinesupply.com/

he is out of Greenbrier. He is mostly an online shop but will meet ya to pickup. Just check thru the site then definitely email him to ask for 1# prices on what your looking for it will all come in either a hop union bag or a brewcraft bag.

Back