What is your first beer of the 2013 college football season?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pitched seeing the remake. That was when I discovered she never heard of the original. What kind of child of the 80's are you???

sfrisby said:
I pitched seeing the remake. That was when I discovered she never heard of the original. What kind of child of the 80's are you???

Remake was filmed right down the road from my office. I've never seen it. But who hasn't seen the original?

WOLVERINES!!!

JonM said:

Pulled it up at the beginning of last years OSU MI game. She thought I was pulling up the "Dont give a damn for the whole state of Michigan" song and started laying in to me. Once she realized I was pulling up our video, she was apologizing and kissing my butt for weeks. Heh heh.

First one while watching Minnesota tonight was a Coronado Idiot IPA. Now watching USC/Hawaii with a homebrewed Gose.

Can't wait to see Coach Hazell lead my Purdue Boilermakers in his first game as head coach on Saturday morning! :mug:

First one while watching Minnesota tonight was a Coronado Idiot IPA. Now watching USC/Hawaii with a homebrewed Gose.

Can't wait to see Coach Hazell lead my Purdue Boilermakers in his first game as head coach on Saturday morning! :mug:

Kay (QB at Cincinnati) is a local boy where I am from. I'm a Bearcat fan for the next season.

For me it's a Surly "Bitter Brewer" clone and a pale ale brewed with orange peel.....Go Dawgs, sic 'em!

I think you have the best game of the week. It's the only game I can think of where I don't have a dog (no pun intended) in the fight that I am honestly interested in watching.

I think you have the best game of the week. It's the only game I can think of where I don't have a dog (no pun intended) in the fight that I am honestly interested in watching.

Yessir! It's gonna be a great game to watch, but it sucks knowing that the first game has the potential to screw up a whole season. Thank god the BCS is over and done with this year.

Topher79 said:
Yessir! It's gonna be a great game to watch, but it sucks knowing that the first game has the potential to screw up a whole season. Thank god the BCS is over and done with this year.

I respectfully disagree. If you are going to lose a game, let it be early in the season. Just ask Bama.

Lets get this Saturday of football started off right. Tiss the season!

image-2876564502.jpg

Started mine off on Thursday with a Terrapin Recreation Ale since I was tailgating. Today will be Westbrook IPA, Anderson Valley Hop Ottin and more Recreation ale.

Go Cocks, Go Big Blue.

sfrisby said:
Don't speak so fast. Go Buckeyes! Defense needs some work before we play bama in January.

OSU should be the best team in the conference but they were far from impressive today against a horrible team.

But Purdue, Illinois, MSU and Iowa (so far) are just flat out BAD.

Don't speak so fast. Go Buckeyes! Defense needs some work before we play bama in January.

OSU has a garbage schedule. Who do they play next week, Suitcase State?

They better pray the big 10 teams they play all end up with great records and they go undefeated to even have a chance.

Ahhh, another Ohio State hater. You guys never stay quiet for long. Well, good luck with that. Cheers!

Hardly hate Ohio State, but if you think they're just going to waltz into the National Championship game with that schedule you're delusional.

Hope you get used to rooting hard for Michigan/Wisconsin this year, because you need them to be 1 loss teams after (if) you beat them both. That'll help, barely.

Been married to a Wolverine for going on 10 years. Every year it's the same thing, me telling her she should be the biggest OSU fan all year in the hopes of an undefeated match up in November. I'm always asking her which she wants more, to love Michigan or hate Ohio State.

She rooted for Buffalo yesterday.

Once again, I made the mistake of being optimistic for Purdue. Everything I heard about our new coach made me think this year was going to be different than last.

I ended up having a LOT of beer after that debacle...

bwarbiany said:
Once again, I made the mistake of being optimistic for Purdue. Everything I heard about our new coach made me think this year was going to be different than last.

I ended up having a LOT of beer after that debacle...

They are truly horrible. No offense intended. They just looked super bad yesterday. But you need to give a coach about 4 years in college football before you can really judge him. It's not like basketball where one stellar recruiting class can resurrect a struggling program.

Been married to a Wolverine for going on 10 years. Every year it's the same thing, me telling her she should be the biggest OSU fan all year in the hopes of an undefeated match up in November. I'm always asking her which she wants more, to love Michigan or hate Ohio State.

She rooted for Buffalo yesterday.

Huge Buckeye fan. I root for that team up north to lose every single game.:D

DubBrew said:
Huge Buckeye fan. I root for that team up north to lose every single game.:D

I'm the opposite. Die hard Michigan fan and I root for tOSU in every game...except the last. I don't know how anyone who claims to be a fan could want anything other than a battle of undefeated teams to determine the champion.

I also hate that it is now the big 14 (or whatever) with an idiotic title game. Football conferences with more than 10 teams are just lame.

Back