What is your favorite beer to keep on tap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natural

Reaction score
Curious what everyone's favorite beer to keep on tap is. I'm just getting back into brewing as I can finally afford a chilling system as my house is disgustingly hot inside, all of the time.

I've been looking through the recipe section. I have a few in mind. BM Centennial blonde was always a favorite of mine and Edworts Haus Pale Ale.

I'm looking for suggestions on your favorite beers to brew, that is an easy drinking beer for guests. Nothing on the heavy hoppy side. 20-35 IBU's or so.

I have only been brewing since Aug but Lil Sparkys Nut Brown has been on tap twice. Thinking of keeping Delirium Oat Rosemary Pale Ale on tap.

For something light and easy drinking I've been working on a cream ale, brewed it twice now (1st keg just kicked, second batch is fermenting now although on raspberries). My go-to and best beer I do is an Arrogant Bastard clone, can brew that one in my sleep. Simple grain bill and only Columbus (Chinook) hops. Great malty flavor and it can be brewed either super strong or mild, the flavor doesn't change much.

I brew 2.5 and 1 gallon batches. I always have a pilsner or something I can toss some 34/70 into. Pils, common, swarzbier etc. in my "bigger" keg, if you can call it that ;) All done at ale temps. Soon as it kicks I have another batch to toss right into it. Guess I don't have a house beer, just a house yeast

I usually keep a version of BM's cream ale on tap for the BMC guests. I personally love porters so I keep one on rotation as well. A lot of the BMC folks try that porter and end up loving it! It's real similar to that Choconut Brown Porter I saw in an issue of Zymurgy only no coconut or cocoa nibs.

I brew 2.5 and 1 gallon batches. I always have a pilsner or something I can toss some 34/70 into. Pils, common, swarzbier etc. in my "bigger" keg, if you can call it that ;) All done at ale temps. Soon as it kicks I have another batch to toss right into it. Guess I don't have a house beer, just a house yeast

34/70 has become a house yeast for me, too. Very versatile!

34/70 has become a house yeast for me, too. Very versatile!

One of the most versatile yeasts. Whats not to love about a lager yeast that works at ale temps? I've been thinking about doing a 4 gallon batch of ipa, 1g with wlp090 and the rest with 34/70 and seeing how it turns out

I would go for the Blonde you have in mind. Easy brew, and a crowd pleaser for causal drinkers.

Back