What is This???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gkal1964

Reaction score
I bought a Kegerator and this little thing came with it. Does anyone know what it is and what it is used for?

DSC02749-1.jpg

I agree. It's some type of bent wire loop with a wire nut on the end. Might have been used to fish beer lines through a panel or in a tower; something like that. I would toss it into the miscellaneous drawer with all the other thingys, unidentified widgets etc. You do have a miscellaneous drawer, don't you? IOW, file it!

It's used to hold open your sankey (beer tap) for cleaning the lines from the top down. You fill the line (from the faucet) with cleaning solution, let it sit, then put that in the tap to hold the ball open so that you can drain the cleaning solution.

It's used to hold open your sankey (beer tap) for cleaning the lines from the top down. You fill the line (from the faucet) with cleaning solution, let it sit, then put that in the tap to hold the ball open so that you can drain the cleaning solution.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. I will try this next time I clean my lines.
:)

Latest posts

Back