What is this meter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodTruble

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I bought used kegs off a guy on craigslist. He was super cool and giving up the hobby. He threw in a big bag of random connectors, disconnects, etc. In the bag was this meter. It has no words or other identifying info on it.

Any idea what it is?

When I turn it on, it just says 0000.

9840B03C-F246-4A5B-81AD-E160B2662D4B.jpeg

Resurrecting a pH meter usually starts with a prolonged soak in 3M KCL "storage solution" before attempting to get any sane readings out of it. In this case the acquisition cost of a bottle of storage solution likely exceeds the likely value of the meter considering that "0000" reading, but may be worth a shot...

Cheers!

Most likely a dried out bulb, yup.
Did you use fresh/full batteries?

In this case the acquisition cost of a bottle of storage solution [...]
Yeah, they can be ridiculous.
Make your own storage solution, from KCl (e.g. Alpha Chemicals) and distilled water.
There may be other things you want to buy from them. They do have Citric Acid too, for passivation, and a selection of other chems, some useful with brewing.

Thank you everyone. Since a new one is $22, I'm not going to spend time trying to revive this one. There are other aspects of brewing i want to work on before diving into PH measuring.

Back