What is the "worst" beer you like? Your guilty pleasure, if you will...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yuengling to me is great beer, I'm shocked people have it listed here for guilty pleasure. I look forward to my trips to Pittsburgh every couple months so I can drink yuengling on draft and smuggle a case back Illinois to enjoy. In my opinion yuengling is the best any place anytime beer. It doesn't matter the weather hot or cold or what type of mood I'm in, yuengling meet all requirements at all times for me. Just the perfect easy drinking lager to me.

Yeah, I don't really put Yuengling on the the same level as a BMC beer. I just wish I could get it here in Texas. My in-laws always bring us a couple cases when they come to visit, and then we have to ration it.

For me it would have to be a Big Mouth Mickey in the Grenade bottle. Not sure why, i just enjoy drinking them now and again. I suppose it reminds me of partying with all my old buddies back in the day.:mug:

Last winter I took on a massive project...bought a foreclosed home and fixed it up myself. After swinging a sledgehammer and a crowbar in that basement with a mask on for many many hours...I worked up a serious taste for light beer. I went down the block to the Pump 'n' Munch, and picked up a 12 pack of MGD Light.

OMG did that hit the spot... ...there's a time and place for everything (except Bud products)

Being fresh out of college, I had to drink cheap-ish stuff, cause sharing a 4 pack doesn't cut it at $10 a pack. Cheap stuff I'll drink:

Grimbergen (when I lived in France)
Red Stripe
Fosters
Dos Equis with Mexican Food
Blue Moon
Heiniken
Tsing Tao
PBR on Draft as a last resort
and Busch with my uncle, purely because he makes fun of me for drinking "$hitty Sam Adams crap that he'd rather drink horse pi$$ instead of".

PBR, because the cheap bars have a choice between PBR, ud, and Miller. I always choose PBR, I don't think it is that good, but I like it better than the other choices.

PBR and Narragansett. I always keep a six of the tall boys of one or the other in my fridge for when I just don't feel like drinking something with that much flavor. If I can say one thing that this hobby has brought to me, it's that I can appreciate the place that cheap, ****ty beer has in a fridge.

Coors light. PBR. MGD. Blue Moon. Dos Equis Amber. Tecate. I don't consider any of these to be crap beers. I haven't fallen into the home brewer = BMC basher crowd yet. I try to appreciate all beer styles and BMC make fine examples of the beer styles they are producing. Adjunct lagers are definitely not my favorite style, but they do have there place.

I didn't go through the whole thread yet, but back in the day my roomate and I used to drink a lot of 30 packs of Genesee Red...damn cheap for students, and actually has some taste.

In college we had Big Bear. It was only sold in 40s and was the cheapest thing in the liquor store. It tasted like liquefied bologna soaked in King Cobra and filtered thru a used gym sock.

Now, about the only cheap beer I'll drink is Miller Lite. It's not that great, but sometimes it's nice to drink water.

colt 45 was always a regular through college. still buy a 40 of it from time to time

Here in Wisconsin, Leinie's Original is pretty cheap and drinkable... In fact, when I was in college, I once drank 18 of them before an 11 am kickoff. I can't say I remember much of the game or who we played, but I didn't vomit or get arrested. Go Badgers!

I grew up in Texas on Shiner Bock, and I still love it if I can get it up here. We used to drink a beer in collage called Meister Brau cuz it was $3.25 for a 12 pack. I don't think they make it anymore. Nowadays I'll crack a PBR or Rainier if they're available at a party.

I want to go back in time and meet the judge that awarded Pabst the blue ribbon. I bet he was sampling beer all day and was pretty hammered by the time he tried the PBR.

"HIC! Thish shtuff is great!!! We have a winner!!!!"

Ha Ha! Seriously I wouldn't turn up my nose to a PBR if you offered me one. I drink it, I admit it.

How about Schmidt? The regular stuff not Schmidt Ice, there's something seriously wrong with that stuff.

Schmidt is the ultimate fishing/camping beer for me.

Old Style.

Always brings back memories of watching the Cubs lose on a beautiful sunny day at Wrigley. Nothing better on a hot day in the bleachers.

Macros I'll go out of my way to drink:

PBR (actually quite tasty in my opinion)
Ziegenbock (also pretty tasty, and kegs periodically go on sale for like 45 bucks)
Olde English 800 (let's be honest with ourselves, 40s are awesome)
High Life (in large part due to their advertisements)
BL Lime (tastes like Sprite; very chuggable)
Keystone Light (the best of the worst, as we say around here)

Not really sure where Shiner Bock falls, but it's definitely my go-to inoffensive bbq/beach choice

I grew up on the High Life, it was the first thing to get me drunk!

Yeungling is pretty cheap and has some decent flavors, but I have been enjoying it less of late, but if I want a beer out it is at most bars for a decent price

I have two;

Budweiser - Drank it in the Marine Corps. Its one beer that I drink if I plan to get fubarred for no good reason. I also drink it at the titty bars. Staple beer for looking at boobs. I can reverse-drink (aka barfing) and get another to gargle and rinse!!! I know, gross, but it was true when I smoked cigarettes.

Rolling Rock - If I'm down it the dumps and plan to stay home and get trashed. Usually warm weather is required. Gluttony persists with the 1st one down in in two minutes, the 2nd in five. Then grilling/marination of hot spicy chicken commences. Luckily, is been quite a while since I've felt the need to marinate chicken and drink swill, under duress! :cross:

Hamm's

...and Shiner Black is quite on point for a schwarzbier. It is certainly not bad beer. IMHO, it's the only thing Spoetzl makes that's worth drinking.

We're all friends here, right? My turn for confession then: "Father forgive me for I have sinned . . . . It's been two months since I brewed."

My teen years (ahem, I meant early 20's) were spent consuming both Lucky Lager and Rainier Beer as both were available in 16oz. bottles by the case for $10 and $12 respectively. As an adult it's been Coors Light, Corona, and Miller Lite of late.

I don't feel better though, I HAVE GOT TO BREW! ! ! !

Busch Light.

When the pipeline is dry, or I know I have displaced redneck brethren coming over.

I live in an Army town and the gas station has 18 packs of 16oz cans for $11.99.

Back