What is the best micro-brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not saying don't discuss it, saying the bracket has been done like people were talking about. bring it down a notch buddy.

omg it's already been done, nobody should ever have this conversation again..

i'm not really looking for a bracket or a competition. I'm interested b/c there are so many micro brews and i want to get opinions so i have some stuff to look for in my local beertopia

I have a question for the big Lagunitas fans here... I've had Maximus a couple times and it's been pretty terrible every time. I love love love Sumpin Sumpin and their IPA is good too... have I likely just gotten bad bottles every time I've tried Maximus or is it just really so far out there that it's not for everyone? I mean... I'm a big fan of hop bombs and have put 12oz in a 5gal batch before and loved it, but maximus was borderline undrinkable for me.

I am actually not a fan of Maximus either. If you want a big IPA from Lagunitas, Hop Stoopid is one of my absolute favorites.

munche said:
I am actually not a fan of Maximus either. If you want a big IPA from Lagunitas, Hop Stoopid is one of my absolute favorites.

Besides Trip Queens, I nominate Upland and 3 Floyds.

I really dig Hopworks in Portland, OR. I've only been to their brewpub twice (I live in Kansas City) but their brews are consistently outstanding. Abominable Winter Ale, Cask IPA, Deluxe Organic Ale, and Rise Up Red are all really really good. We even received a personal tour from Christian (the founder/brewmaster) at the brewpub. I HIGHLY recommend checking them out if you can.

North Coast Brewing
Surly
Russian River

Also, in regard to Lagunitas, nobody ever mentions just how damn good their new dog town pale ale is... One of my favs

Wow, brutal question! How about I give you my two favorites and why. My first favorite is Dogfish Head and my second favorite is Stone. Why are they my favorites? Both specialize in strong ales (my favorite). Both are cutting edge and make spectacular beers.

One brew at a time...

For me it's Long Trail hands down, I'm just a huge fan. They just keep getting better and better.

I did have a nice stout from Keegans that I throughly enjoyed last fall, and hope they make again...

SN, top notch wheat. The standard in apa, and their porter and ipa aint bad either. Theyve seem to have gotten each style down.

Ok, not to be a picky SOB but are we talking microbreweries or craft beer? The former requires no more then 15k bbl per year.

davefleck said:
Ok, not to be a picky SOB but are we talking microbreweries or craft beer? The former requires no more then 15k bbl per year.

Guess I have to look into the production volume of all my favorite breweries so I can talk beer better

The adventure brew hostel,La Paz, Bolivia. It's located at 14,000 feet. It is amazing. It's the highest micro brewery in the world.
I don't know how I missed this post. I spent 11 years in Bolivia, and only pilsner was available at the time. The airport is at 13,615 ft, so the brewery would be a bit lower at 12k+.

I'm definitely going to have to check this place out when I get back down there.

for the sake of this thread, both, pretty much anything that's not BMC. Most responses are craft beers anyway. Thanks for pointing out the fallacy tho

Latest posts

Back