What is max batch size?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunrunner

Reaction score
I have been doing 5 gallon BIAB and just did a 10 gallon BAIB with a 28# grain bill. That was pushing it with not much room to spare. I want to increase my batch size and go to a mash tun. What is the largest batch size you have done and what is possible? I have a custom connical that is sectional and I could go up to 50 gallons. I am not saying that I will do 50 gallons but I would like to try it one day just to see if I could. :)

Go for it!!

My biggest batch has been 10 gallon batches. I know someone who does 20 gallon batches in a homebrew setup.

Does anyone know of more than 20 gallons out of a standard setup with converted kegs. I assume the 20 gallons is a double batch. Has anyone done more than that in a day?

A 10 gallon amsh tun maxes out at about 26lbs of grain at a 1 to 1.15qt ratio. If you want to go more then 26 lbs you will need a 15 gallon mash tun or larger.

Back