what I would call a good test run!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShineOn

Reaction score
With all the questions and "did I screw up" posts, I thought I'd post a happy story :)

Made a wort chiller yesterday....3/8 in 20" copper coil connected to the garden hose so I figured I'd give it a cleaning and test run.

Took 6 gals from boiling to 75* in less than 10 mins! I'd say that was a good turn around. Copper is shining like a new penny :)

Looking like an all grain brew is on for next week :)

Awesome!
I also made a chiller this past weekend, same specs as you... 20 ft 3/8" copper coil w/ hose adapter and it works like a charm.

Good luck with your all grain brew! Any ideas on what you're brewing?

Awesome!
I also made a chiller this past weekend, same specs as you... 20 ft 3/8" copper coil w/ hose adapter and it works like a charm.

Good luck with your all grain brew! Any ideas on what you're brewing?

Thinking about a Farmhouse or Honey Wheat this time...something for early July when I get back from Boy Scout Camp.

Were you able to find a 3/8 to 3/4 female garden hose connector?
I wasn't so I did a 3/8 barb to 1/2 in then 1/2 to MALE garden hose and made a short female both ends garden hose adapter :)

Back