What I aquired

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

packy28

Reaction score
A friend of mine recently gave me a 24x19x9 stainless steel bagel boiler is there anything that I can use this for while brewing ?

It might make a nice brew kettle. It's hard to tell without pictures and without knowing how it heats up... propane, natural gas, electric etc. Also, what is the capacity?

pretty sure you have your new brew kettle. if they're like the boilers i used to use back in the day, they should have a valve at the base?? now the kettle i used to use was about 3.5ft high and about as wide with a huge false bottle to cover the heating element.

we'd need pics to tell for sure.

By my calculations (assuming his dimensions are inches not feet) that's 17.7 gallons.

If its only 9 inches deep its not really likely suitable for a boil kettle imo. The large surface area to volume ratio would make for some serious boiloff and would make it hard to heat evenly with a basic propane boiler. Its safe to say that if you got the heating element or burner made for that boiler, it could function as a boil kettle, I just don't see it as ideal. Pics might help, it it were 24" deep that would probably be better.

Maybe you could use it as a sanitation bin. Easy to clean and durable. The shallow depth would make it easy to retrieve sanitized items from

That would make a great maple sap boiler if you cant use it for HB'ing. Lots of surface area for evaporation.

yeah, thats what i came up with for a volume. it is only 9 inches deep and it does have a valve at the base of one of the ends. so looks like a sanitation station it might have to be. i also have an older keg one of the ones without the ring on top with the handles cut out (if that makes any sence) should i cut that down for my brew pot or should i leave it whole for possible all grain brewing later on ?

Back