What hops are best suited for my area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrStrangeBrew

Reaction score
Im living in massachusetts, i grew some hops last year Cascade and Fuggle. The cascades came out great (planted in the ground) and the fuggles didnt (planted in pots). Now i picked up some Mt. Hood rhizomes and im going to be planting them also (most likely in the ground). I also am planning on getting more but just not sure which one is best for my climate. im choosing between, Brewers Gold, Willamete, Sterling, Chinook, Columbus. So many choices hopefully my friends at HBT can help! Also should i be growing in pots or the ground? just wondering if that had any effect. :confused:

I live in PA and have a small hops farm. If you want some fast growing high aa hops try Magnum. I just expanded with them this year and last year was there first here and produced about a pound of dry hops from each.

A POUND!!!!! HOLY CRAP! I might just have to get some of those! The only reason i was going with the others is because they are going to come free with an order i am placing. I just have to choose which one (no magnum). You think its better to have them in the ground rather than a pot?

Back