What do you drive?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanVTBrew

Reaction score
I've seen threads for bikes, but I haven't seen one for cars...so as usual, if this is a thread already, please tell me, and redirect this post.
Just as I am infatuated with my brew, I'm just as infatuated with my car. It's a 2005 subaru STi. Pulls like a train, ridiculously fun to drive. On the dyno it put down 375 hp and 390 ft lbs of torque.
Anyone else love their vehicle? Lets see some stats/pics/maybe even sons dyno charts! ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396835691.604416.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1396835705.402834.jpgtImageUploadedByHome Brew1396835738.605295.jpg

Green mountain high!

I have two vehicles- a 2012 Tundra, and a 2014 Jeep Wrangler.

I don't have any pictures of my truck I guess, but I have a picture of the Jeep the day I drove it home (about two weeks ago!):

IMG_0028.jpg

Since that day, I've added side steps, neoprene seats, slush mats, and soon mud flaps- but that's the nature of having a Jeep, I think. It's never "done"!

2003 F-350 with 4" down pipe 5" exhaust no cat just muffler, Arp headstuds, Innovative diesel tuned street tune, fully bulletproofed kit with egr delete from bulletproof diesel with the cold weather package. I also have a '99 mustang Cobra with a built motor and maximum motorsports launch box kit with optional torque arm. I sold the vortech t trim supercharger and the tko 600 transmission from it to buy my brewmagic.... was totally worth it! One day I'll rebuild the Cobra, but I'm having so much fun brewing its gonna be a while!

The truck is 450+ rwhp 800+rwtq @ 30+ psi. The cobra put down 495rwhp and 380rwtq @ 8 psi.

2005 Ford Fivehundred.

Bought it for just under 9000 still worth over 5000 today, got to love not losing too much value.

It's AWD, leather seats, front being heated and 6 way power. Need to do some work on it soon, needs new shocks and breaks in the next year so that kind of sucks but it's been a great car to me so far not costing too much in repairs so far.

.me 2004 GMC Sierra
2500 4 x4........it's POS

Haha I feel like I'm in the same boat as you. 2004 Dodge RAM 1500 4x4. It's heavily used and abused, with two previous lives as a ranch truck and an HVAC repair truck. It's pretty much a POS, but I got it super cheap, and it runs. I just got it for the times when I need something with more cargo capacity than a motorcycle, which is my main vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

2004 f150 bone stock, got the dealer to change the cam phasers because it sounded like a diesel. 20,000k since then and runs and drives great. My last f150 lasted me 18 years with little cost, hopefully this one does the same

I have two vehicles- a 2012 Tundra, and a 2014 Jeep Wrangler.

I don't have any pictures of my truck I guess, but I have a picture of the Jeep the day I drove it home (about two weeks ago!):

View attachment 191548

Since that day, I've added side steps, neoprene seats, slush mats, and soon mud flaps- but that's the nature of having a Jeep, I think. It's never "done"!

I've always wanted a jeep but space has always been the issue..... then again if space wasn't an issue I'd also buy one of these.... Their multi fuel and don't cost all that much, you can find them for as low as 5 grand.
012%20Army%20Deuce%20and%20a%20Half.jpg

My current car is my company vehicle, which I don't despise but don't love. 2013 Focus SE Hatchback. Outside of the crap transmission it's an alright car, especially when I don't pay gas or maintenance. And between my options of Focus, Versa, or Elantra, it's not even a choice.

A couple years ago I got rid of MY car, which was a 91 Toyota MR2, non-turbo with the single removable sunroof, not the t-top. I loved the crap out of that car, but it ended up needing a whole new exhaust system to pass emissions inspection in order to re-register (1 year before being exempt), and my apartment building would tow it as soon as the tags expired. If I'd had the money on hand at the time to fix it I would have, but I didn't, and didn't have a choice. One of these days I'll buy another one. Either that, or win the lottery and buy my dream car ('70 Superbird)

Hello, One is for work, its name is Lu Lu, the other Im in most of the time if Im not working, and yes it is street legal ! and is named Zippy ! also can take some really rough terrain at 50+ MPH !

Cheers !

IMG_1729.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

My daily driver is a 2006 Acura TSX. 6 speed manual (best manual tranny I've ever driven). Lightly modded for HP and handling. Gets great fuel economy and can still be fun when you rev it out. Honda really did their homework on this 4 cylinder (205 hp stock, N/A).

I have a 2002 Dodge Dakota crew cab 4x4 that gets used/abused on lake trips, hauling boat and camper, ice fishing adventures, etc. Mostly it just sits in the garage though (good since it gets 14 mpg).

I would love to get a new Ram 1500 Crew with the 3.0 Diesel, but we are saving for a lake cabin so we will delay a truck purchase for many years.

I have a Tacoma pickup so I can haul stuff around or use for whatever, but my new toy is a 2013 328xi:
NewToy.jpg

I have 2 vehicles, both of which I am very fond of.

First and foremost, my 2011 dodge challenger srt8. It's a 6speed 6.4L hemi rated at 470hp and 470tq. It's close to stock with an exhaust and mild tune. This is a pure fun driver. I have 8000 miles on it, many of which were added a quarter mile at a time. I have also had it on road courses and even auto cross once (note to self/anybody: don't try to auto toss a big heavy american v8 on a tight track where miatas are tearing it up). Such a fun car!

Then I have an 02 Dakota sport 2wd, regular cab, 4.7L v8, 5speed with some mods. High output cam, larger throttle body, custom exhaust, and a few other goodies. It put down 290 on the dyno which is good for this truck. It's so light that it really moves. This truck has less than 27,000 miles on it. Needless to say I don't drive much. But when I do, it is fun!

Adding pics from my iPad is a pain the the rear. Maybe I can add more later.

image.jpg

Mine would be good for auto toss,as it has Tein S-Tech dual rate springs with Tokico HP struts. 225/45/ZR17 Sumitomo HTRZIII's on Kosie K1's. Porterfield R4S brake pads & shoes that are made for track days & such. Some average power mods that make a zippy lil 2.0L. It can handle country roads faster than the average driver has the nerve to push it.

Haha I saw the auto toss typo/autocorrect and figured it was appropriate for my car.

Yours is probably significantly lighter than mine which certainly helps. It's too bad the challengers are so damn heavy.

2012 VW Golf TDI. 6 speed manual transmission. ~50 MPG average. goes plenty quick if I want it to but I'm mostly that guy on the highway hanging in the right lane and poking along at 55 (makes for almost 10% increase in efficiency over 65)

7182128637_83b6c64fcc.jpg

When I'm not driving this,
1000398_10152067950532178_1116140780_n.jpg

I'm driving a Jeep or 6-spd. Audi A4 sport.

I've seen threads for bikes, but I haven't seen one for cars...so as usual, if this is a thread already, please tell me, and redirect this post.
Just as I am infatuated with my brew, I'm just as infatuated with my car. It's a 2005 subaru STi. Pulls like a train, ridiculously fun to drive. On the dyno it put down 375 hp and 390 ft lbs of torque.
Anyone else love their vehicle? Lets see some stats/pics/maybe even sons dyno charts!View attachment 191543View attachment 191544tView attachment 191545

Green mountain high!

Nice to see another suby guy around here! I drive a 2012 STI limited. Modified of course and tons of fun.

What turbo are you running to put down 375 whp? Im guessing 20G or dom 1.5?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Home Brew mobile app

Nice to see another suby guy around here! I drive a 2012 STI limited. Modified of course and tons of fun.

What turbo are you running to put down 375 whp? Im guessing 20G or dom 1.5?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Home Brew mobile app

You hit it on the head! 20g! Refreshing to see another subaru guy as well. If I went through my mod list it'd take all day haha. Bought, and built! Have you thrown it on a dyno yet? Ik it was hard to find an awd dyno up here....09 and up are beastly, any pics? Member of nasioc?

Green mountain high!

I currently have two, one for the summer ('13 BRZ) and one for the winter/utility needs ('98 Jeep Cherokee/XJ). I'm excited spring is finally here, as the second image of the BRZ was the day after I picked it up, and there's been too much snow to drive it a ton since.

At-Dealer-Small.jpg

IMG_20131123_161927_693(1).jpg

BRRZ-Small.jpg

You hit it on the head! 20g! Refreshing to see another subaru guy as well. If I went through my mod list it'd take all day haha. Bought, and built! Have you thrown it on a dyno yet? Ik it was hard to find an awd dyno up here....09 and up are beastly, any pics? Member of nasioc?

Green mountain high!

Your mod list can't take all day to type-out when you make only 375whp. :ban::ban: :D

i have a '01 montero sport xls that i use to reach trailheads. i had a ranger, sold it so we needed another car. got a prius, for 21K that little sh*t gets 55 mpg. its actually a fun car. ugly as hell tho!!
i also have a harley sportster '03 anniversary edition, just turned 4000 miles on it.
944800_706564232702435_1151984468_n.jpg

6837411446_20b087e25f.jpg

That's my second best friend. Took me many places and has been tons of fun. I've put 65,000 miles on in 3 years and I only work 3 miles from home. It's an auto and totally stock. I keep winter tires on all year and it's a blast in the dirt, mud and snow. Probably will get a Jeep when it's paid off as I have way more fun playing in the woods than I do blasting around town.

Is that homemade? I rode in a homemade helicopter once. It would have been terrifying, if it weren't so much fun.

Its a ultralight kit plane form the mid 80s that I re-built, yes lots of fun flying 40 mph 15 feet off the ground.

Cheers :mug:

I drive a 2013 Ram 1500 crew cab express. My wife drives a 2011 Chevy Malibu

934053_10152884747835484_3581186_n.jpg

I have a 2001 Volkswagen Jetta TDI. "Sophie", I call her. She has 232,000 miles and runs better than any new one could. I have European Injectors to equal the European 110 HP output, and a excellent ROM Flash to keep stock parts, and still have fun driving it. It is supposedly 135 HP, and 202 ft lbs of torque keep it fun. At 75 mph, I get a steady 52 mpg. Had I of known I would be getting married back then, I would have gotten a Passat for more room inside. I paid her off last year and have built a network of TDI friends during this time. I had a fuel leak at the pump head, it was a small "O" ring in a place that was a pain to fix, but planning ahead, and plenty of help made it easy. I will be throwing a Smoker/BBQ party for my help friends, and my other friends too. I will keep you posted.

Back