What do you do for your second job?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deathweed said:
Working on my DVM, real doctors practice on more than one species:D
I bet that comes in handy when a family member gets sick! "Mom, if it hurts stomp once for yes and twice for no" :D J/K

3rd year med student here.

I own a bakery cafe in Hanover, NH.

Yeast is a cool thing, eh? Bread and Beer - two great things in life. :mug:

I am a self employed "computer security consultant"

I poke holes in web applications and sometimes networks :D

Some people make stuff, I break stuff.

I'm an engineer in a paper mill. I'm a chemical engineer by degree but get to do a little bit of everything. I never thought what I learned at our wastewater treatment plant would be useful to make beer other than Budweiser, but there you go.

They let me work with the controls guys and electrical engineers, so when we build an automated brew sculpture in my garage I'm ready!

Warehouse Supervisor for a biomedical R&D and polymer manufacturing company. i used to do side jobs, from moving to yard work to web and graphics design, but i don't really have any spare time...what with my "night and weekend" job ;)

Engineering manager and consultant at a logistics company.

US ARMY MEDIC!!!! But right now i'm in PA school trying to get my commission. Sucks though. 40 hours of class per week (usually more) and 40 hours of studying per week (at least). Don't even ask how i get time to brew or respond to anything on this board. Literally my life right now is class, studying, brewing, and this board lol.

Fourth year civil engineering student with a concentration in transportation at the University of Florida. GO GATORS! :D :rockin: ;)

2nd Grade Teacher... makes interesting what did you do over the weekend conversations.... I boiled water...cooled it, and hid it away in the basement...

There's a lot of interesting folks 'round here!

I'm a research scientist (aka lab rat/corporate slave) at a start-up pharma company. I bring an analytical chemistry background (used to do a lot of FT-ICR mass spec so I like all this magnet talk) but am now doing more biochemistry - type stuff.

Eventually... one day... I'd like to brew full-time.... but who wouldn't?

Judd said:
Seriously? Give us a picture! :)

I'm an undergrad in early modern studies, but I support my brewing by working security-type jobs.

Nah. Though my my feet don't look that bad as feet go, it was just a smart-ass answer. I like telling my daughters' friends stuff like that. They look at me like the look I get from my dog when I show him a card trick.

I learned long ago that what I do (for a living) isn't me.

Could have been a worse answer had I done so after a few Apfelweinen ;)

JW

VB.NET, SQL Server, Sharepoint

At least for now. The brokerage house I'm working for is getting bought out and the new owners already have their own IT dept. I'm looking for another job doing the same things.

Airline Captain... there is another one running around here... where are ya man!?

I help keep these POS's in the air performing their missions.

prowler_lg.jpg

Supporting the WarFighter Baby!!!!

Electronics Technician

Another Firefighter here. There are a few others here as well. I've been doing it for 10 years now and I still love it. Even though I love my job I still prefer to be home with my family and brewing. Good thread, we have a lot of interesting folks around here.

Cheers

Back