What did you bottle / Keg today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BankerJohn

Reaction score
Today, I bottled an Irish Red Ale
OG 1076
FG 1015
2 weeks in Primary at 78
Bottled into Grolsch Swingtops
I bottled 33 pints with a short for carb testing
These are meant to have 50 days of bottle conditioning in preparation for Memorial Day weekend with a friend who likes (soon to be used to like) Smithwick's Ale :tank:

Another throw together recipe

10 # Marris Otter
2 # Two Row
1/2 # dark crystal
1/2 # Special B

1 oz Citra @ 60
1 oz Saaz 15/5

It had a nice caramel color going into the keg.

I filled one keg and two 12 oz bottles.

I need to fill more 12'rs. I have been giving away a lot.

Jamil's cream ale with kolsch instead of cream ale yeast. Sure to impress any bmc fan. Hell i don't drink much bmc and I was impressed.

Fermented at 62 with the kolsch and tastes nearly identical to bmc, but with slightly more pilsner flavor.

IMG_0053.jpg

I bottled my Summer Pale ale 3 weeks ago today. I just put 8 in the fridge for their 5 day quiet time. it's a nice clear amber color with 4.8%ABV. Does that count?

At 4am, I kegged my first brew ever, brewing tv's Little Bear Session CDA, a 4.6abv sessionable black ipa with amarillo subbed for ahtanum, force carbing it now and cant wait to try it.

Bottling my first batch today. Caramel cream ale. Hoping it turns out.

Edit: Tasted the little bit that didn't make quite a full bottle last night... very good! Looking forward to tasting the finished product in a few weeks.

Now to decide what to make next so I can keep the chain going, "Summer Ale" is in the primary right now doing it's thing.

Just finished bottling a Cream Ale (6.7% abv) OG1065 FG 1014 and bottled with Dextrose (4oz for a 4.5 gallon batch).

Bottled into 36 .5L Altenmunster bottles. Sure do wish I could find more of these bottles!

Also bottled 2 into PET bottles

I bottled and kegged an English Brown Ale yesterday morning. 25 bottles and the rest in the corney.

I also racked an Orange-Honey Wheat Ale to the secondary.

---Chris

Bottled a remaining 2 gallons of Apfelwein into swingtops today that was occupying a keg that I needed clear. Then with a clear keg I had 3 kegs free to keggle my hefeweizen. I think that I need more kegs, 4 kegs might not be enough when I brew 15 gallon batches.

One growler and 4 12 ounce bottles of amber ale from the keg with my new fancy bottler ... It's very nice.

Last night (your morning) we kegged our first brew - Celebration Ale. Got about 8.5 gallons (was shooting for 10, but had some boil issues).
OG 1.065
FG 1.014
Kegs are carbing right now!

beerspitnight said:
Last night (your morning) we kegged our first brew - Celebration Ale. Got about 8.5 gallons (was shooting for 10, but had some boil issues).
OG 1.065
FG 1.014
Kegs are carbing right now!

You had a kegging setup before your first brew?

You had a kegging setup before your first brew?

We got all the equipment at once, including 2 corny kegs each :ban:- my buddy who runs a craft brewery over here sourced all the equipment for use and insisted we keg the beer. Racking to kegs was so easy, I don't think I would ever want to bottle!

Wow... color me jealous lol. Wish I had a kegging system! That's actually on my birthday wishlist for June :D

I like the label on your keg. Did you make it?

Yeah, I made it - and thanks!
That was one of the rejected passport photos that I took of the boy - he is giving me the old stink eye! Figured it would work well as the label of his namesake beer! I have limited photoshop skilz, but I am happy with it!

Bottled 24 bottles of my Apfelwein from the keg, took to a buddies house and proceeded to get myself and three others a little sauced. :mug:

Yesterday I kegged a Big ole Rye mistake (LHBS didn't crush all the grains!) and Honey Pale Ale. I seriously need a new fridge for my kegs... I wish you could just buy a mini fridge with no flipping shelves!

Today I will be bottling a wheat ale 1.054og. Been in primary 4 weeks so I am hoping for a 1.010-1.012 fg.

Bottled my second batch today. A summer lemon ale. Did something dumb too... Everything sanitized and siphoned the beer into the bottling bucket and got about twenty beers in when I realized I forgot to prime lol. Uncapped poured back in, primed and rebottled.

I bottled and kegged my Orange-Honey Wheat Ale today. Force carbing as we speak because after 5 weeks, I just can't wait anymore!

image-2501612480.jpg

Back