What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2lb bone in rib eye

Sous vide 3 hours at 131
RenderedImage.jpg

Finished 3 minutes a side at 600F
58354246459__20AFE868-F554-48DA-A023-2149B680D544.jpg

Sliced thick and piled with mushrooms
58354327103__D387F869-B25B-4B35-84DD-8E2BD120D20C.jpg

Kuramoto oysters on the half, wasabi greens and unfiltered sake as an appetizer.
20190629_155238.jpg

Assorted rolls
Sashimi: ono, bluefin, yellowfin, albacore, king salmon
Squid salad, octopus salad, seaweed salad and picked ginger.
Miso soup
Pepperfin with albacore and ono
Not pictured, spicy tuna though it is in some of the rolls.
Dessert, mango mochi (purchased)
20190629_173118.jpg

Kuramoto oysters on the half, wasabi greens and unfiltered sake as an appetizer.
View attachment 633354
Assorted rolls
Sashimi: ono, bluefin, yellowfin, albacore, king salmon
Squid salad, octopus salad, seaweed salad and picked ginger.
Miso soup
Pepperfin with albacore and ono
Not pictured, spicy tuna though it is in some of the rolls.
Dessert, mango mochi (purchased)
View attachment 633355
I love sashimi and that all looks great. We try to eat at our local Sushi bar every other Friday. Sushi Maku Carrollton Tx.

So I might've asked this a couple yrs ago, if I did, I don't remember it. I've got 5 gallons of apple cider vinegar with 6 or 8 lbs of raw cranberries in a carbouy, under airlock, and they've been there about 4, going on 5 years now. My original thought was to make cranberry infused vinegar, but I obviously didn't do it correctly. Now I'm wondering if there's anything I can do with them? I suppose I could pour out the vinegar, shake out the cranberries & proceed to make the infused vinegar correctly, but I'd think there would be something I could used it for as is; I just don't know what. Any ideas?
Regards, GF.

View attachment 633354

Not to be argumentative but I believe those are shiso leaves - wasabi leaves are more roundy than that, shiso leaves have all the little sharp points to them.

WHATEVER you call them - that entire lot looks absolutely lusciously delicious! :rock:

Not to be argumentative but I believe those are shiso leaves - wasabi leaves are more roundy than that, shiso leaves have all the little sharp points to them.

WHATEVER you call them - that entire lot looks absolutely lusciously delicious! :rock:
Correct on the shiso leaves in the bowl with the oysters. However, if you look at the bowl with a small spoon in the lower left corner next to the oysters, you will see the wasabi-greens mignonette.
I forget the recipe since I made it on the fly, but essentially wasabi-greens, kampot pepper, fresh grated ginger, salt, lemon zest, juice from 1/2 lemon, and sake.

Correct on the shiso leaves in the bowl with the oysters. However, if you look at the bowl with a small spoon in the lower left corner next to the oysters, you will see the wasabi-greens mignonette.
I forget the recipe since I made it on the fly, but essentially wasabi-greens, kampot pepper, fresh grated ginger, salt, lemon zest, juice from 1/2 lemon, and sake.
Ah!! Gotcha. All I knew were leaves there were the shiso.

We have houseguests this week and one of their choices of places to eat was SushiMan - love me some handrolls and shiso leaf and wasabi! Not sure whether or not to trust raw oysters in the middle of AZ but I guess they fly them in pretty promptly. Might try one night when they look super-fresh.

Not sure whether or not to trust raw oysters in the middle of AZ but I guess they fly them in pretty promptly. Might try one night when they look super-fresh.
This.
Seafood used to only be good in coastal areas. Buy your oysters from a reputable source. I bought 2 dozen and they checked each one before bagging. They tossed about 4-5 that didn't seem alive.

All sorts of stuff...chicken nachos with homemade squishy beans
IMG_20190705_164251.jpg

Heart shaped bluebery pancakes with some whipped cream I made for hot cocoa (not pictured) which was for dessert.
IMG_20190705_192951.jpg

And we took mister kitty to the oncologist, and I bring them Jamba Juice. Thought this made for a cool shot.
IMG_20190705_110918.jpg

I made some jalapeno hot sauce the other day. @Shelly those quesadillas look awesome. I like all the pork belly twisted gray. Do you buy one and just cut off it? @gf, Haha, way out of my league. How does the vinegar taste. Not sure I followed it correctly.

Oh we got some of that Sam's club fajita meat. Man it's pretty good when seared in a little oil. We got it so when camping didn't need to worry about raw meat. Fajita meat (skirt or flank), peppers, onions, basmati rice, avocado, organic sour cream, home made hot sauce and cheese.
Screenshot_20190706-121636.jpeg
20190705_182436.jpeg

Awww, @TwistedGray - what a nice thing to do! When I worked in medical offices we always loved it when a patient thought of us and brought in Starbucks or some other goodie.

Hope Mr Kitty is doing OK!

She's a really good acquaintance and has saved us thousands in diagnosises of our other animals. All of our animals (now passed) have had some form of cancer and have died from it, and she has always been extremely generous throughout. One of the two remaining animals (both cats) has been there a few times, and we are still not entirely certain what it is. But Everytime I go it's typically Jamba Juice, but I've taken Homebrew, homemade enchiladas, KFC, and whatever else they may want.

Back