What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"turbidity" is is the term we usually use for that (non-brewing business). Looks good! I like the concept of doing that, might copy you later (I have a sweet green laser here).
Dog&cat toy here, though neither actually care about the thing. Hopefully your green laser gets better use than mine.

Looks good. Getting the rice right is the hardest part. Too dry and it falls apart, to moist and its a sticky mess.

Rice turned out really nice. Sticky but not gluey. Next time I need to fold less though to incorporate the seasoning. The rolls could also have used just a tad less rice, but they were tasty.

IMG_2466.jpg

Semi annual tradition.

It was a nice pairing. My success w/ homemade lo mein has been hit or miss (more miss than hit) but this iteration was definitely a keeper.

I like to mix raw egg into the wok when making lo mein. It cooks into thin strands in there. I make homemade lo mein all the time.

I like to mix raw egg into the wok when making lo mein. It cooks into thin strands in there. I make homemade lo mein all the time.

Can you reccomend a noodle? I like lo mein too. Any tips would be awesome and much appreciated, kid friendly thoughts too.

I make egg noodles with kitchenaid extruder. Flour, eggs, little water.

How do you like the extruder attachment? From the videos I watched I was underwhelmed with what I saw and some of the reviews, but a lot of people have no sense about how to use a tool and most don't read directions.

Do you have the KPEXTA or the KSMPEXTA that replaces it?

I have the 3 KA pasta rollers and love those, and have the KA grinder which also does a great job (not for stuffing, just for grinding).

How do you like the extruder attachment? From the videos I watched I was underwhelmed with what I saw and some of the reviews, but a lot of people have no sense about how to use a tool and most don't read directions.

Do you have the KPEXTA or the KSMPEXTA that replaces it?

I have the 3 KA pasta rollers and love those, and have the KA grinder which also does a great job (not for stuffing, just for grinding).

Sorry, I meant I use the roller for making thin noodles. I do have the extruder too, but I think I've only used that for hollow noodles (macaroni, etc).

Re: the extruder, I have the KSM. I've made a few dinners with it and it works well. With hollow noodles, you really need to drop them into flour immediately to keep them from sticking to each other and making a mess. Cleanup of extruder dies takes some particular effort.

Nachos with freshly made beans and birria and lengua (cilantro, jalapenos, radishes, corn, and cheese)
View attachment 626928
I appreciate the inclusion of lengua. People be so afraid for irrational reasons.

But I'm also the guy who removes chicken and steak on his garbage nachos to add tripas and buche at my local cantina and gnaws on chicken feet as appetizers.

I appreciate the inclusion of lengua. People be so afraid for irrational reasons.

But I'm also the guy who removes chicken and steak on his garbage nachos to add tripas and buche at my local cantina and gnaws on chicken feet as appetizers.

Hi honey :) Wait, didn't know my wife was into brewing.

Doggy treats, beef tendon and chicken feet. Not pictured is the tripe jerky, but dog will have to share that with me . 1/2 tripe is neutral, other glazed with bbq sauce for me.
20190518_135910.jpg

So, there’s an amazing Mex-Tex restaurant in Dallas down in Deep Ellum called Pepe & Mito’s. Awesome ratings but out of all the amazing food venues down there this is one I had never been to. Then I saw it on Fieri’s Triple D show. I think they highlighted 3 different offerings in that program.

If you are familiar they take about 2.5 minutes with each dish they feature, you can kinda get what ingredients and the sequence of those, occasional a temperature, etc, but never proportions.

So I saw the episode and thought “Oh Cool, another Dallas Restaurant made it on DDD! So we went there to see if the hype was accurate.

We tried two of the things featured on the show. Caldo Albóndigas and Tacos Norteños. Yes, the hype was accurate. Just amazing. I’ll deal with Tacos Norteños later, but tonight I am trying to clone the Albóndigas soup based on about 1.5 minutes of video!! Lol

Soup part is spot on. Their method of albóndigas , or at least my mix is a fail. Tastes great, but won’t bind.

Are you using about 1 egg and 1/4 cup of uncooked rice per pound of ground meat? You should be able to get by with 2 eggs for 3lbs. I would also suggest letting the meatballs rest for awhile before boiling them. You could try steaming also and after they firm up drop them into the stock.

Damn you auto-correct, or was it that kind of party? Both are acceptable answers.
Damn you auto-correct, or was it that kind of party? Both are acceptable answers.
It took me a while to see my mistake. I was wondering what the hell you were talking about. I wish it would have been that type of party. Besides the lace gets caught in my teeth.

Back