What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too cool, did you get into this in the other forum, I haven't gotten in deep at all.

Cultured butter, or growing stuff? I never even heard of cultured butter till I started making cheese and reading on that other site. As far as growing stuff in plates, I've been doing that for a long time.

As far as I know, nobody has ever added this blue cheese mold to butter- that's my contribution to haute cuisine!

Aw come on Chef, you know me better than that :)

_mg_9060-64189.jpg

_mg_9084-64190.jpg

Too cool! I've been impressed with your culinary acrobatics for a while now, but I no idea you took food science so seriously. I am doubly impressed! Blue cheese butter sounds awesome!
Regards, GF. :mug:

I would like to be the voice of reason in this disturbing turn of culinary abomination.

Bleu Cheese is nasty. It should be eradicated like the bacterial plague it is.

We defeated Polio, we should be able to put an end to this other crisis as well.

Who's with me? Come on, take up arms and rally against the French Invasion.

Shout it out!

"F You!
Down with Bleu!"

I would like to be the voice of reason in this disturbing turn of culinary abomination.

Bleu Cheese is nasty. It should be eradicated like the bacterial plague it is.

We defeated Polio, we should be able to put an end to this other crisis as well.

Who's with me? Come on, take up arms and rally against the French Invasion.

Shout it out!

"F You!
Down with Bleu!"

One man's abomination is another's culinary acrobatics :)

I'm working on isolating an airborne strain of the bleu cheese fungus. I'm going to use it to fight Ebola. Nothing can stop the Bleu Cheesola counter-attack.

_mg_9085-64191.jpg

img_0132-64192.jpg

I am more than happy to cheese, brewing, and winemaking techniques from those snotty Frenchies and start making our own, better stuff here in 'Murica. And if you don't like it, you can bleu me!

I am more than happy to cheese, brewing, and winemaking techniques from those snotty Frenchies and start making our own, better stuff here in 'Murica. And if you don't like it, you can bleu me!

The French are reluctant to mention that most their wine grapes are from American-species grape vines.

In the middle of the 19th century, their wine industry was decimated by aphids. French winemakers (eventually ALL of them, I believe), brought in American grape root stock, which was resistant to this aphid, and grafted it into their grape vines.

And that's the rest of the story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_French_Wine_Blight

The French are reluctant to mention that most their wine grapes are from American-species grape vines.

In the middle of the 19th century, their wine industry was decimated by aphids. French winemakers (eventually ALL of them, I believe), brought in American grape root stock, which was resistant to this aphid, and grafted it into their grape vines.

And that's the rest of the story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_French_Wine_Blight

French people are amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew
Especially ze wemen!
Go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!
I think you are outnumbered.

French people are amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Amazingly arrogant and rude! I have my stories...and their sausage tastes like defecation...literally. And yes, I know what "literally" means. Smelly sock smellers. @Homercidal, this means you! (Sorry...I was away for awhile. Didn't mean to leave you hangin'.)

Amazingly arrogant and rude! I have my stories...and their sausage tastes like defecation...literally. And yes, I know what "literally" means. Smelly sock smellers. @Homercidal, this means you! (Sorry...I was away for awhile. Didn't mean to leave you hangin'.)

Sorry, I don't think I actually have any french in me. Plenty of German.

My wife has a lot of French. Her maiden name is LaMew (And yes we all know about the incorrect spelling...)

So nobody got the Holy Grail references??

Inconceivable!

My wife has a lot of French. Her maiden name is LaMew (And yes we all know about the incorrect spelling...)

Inconceivable!

German, eh? That's better! Got the references...princess.

Inconceivable!

I got it. I also see the princess bride reference. I blew cheese in your general direction.

Going to freestyle a little penne pasta with a boursin cheese cream sauce. Boursin was on sale and SWMBO loves it...haven't made a sauce with it before. Should be pretty straight forward...a little butter, melt the cheese into it, add some half'n'half and bring to a simmer. Toss in cooked pasta and a little pasta water to finish it. I have a frozen pizza bread with marinara for dipping to go with the pasta. If anyone wants "meat", I'll heat up some Quorn chickenless nuggets...good brand...better than most "real" chicken nuggets.

Going to freestyle a little penne pasta with a boursin cheese cream sauce. Boursin was on sale and SWMBO loves it...haven't made a sauce with it before. Should be pretty straight forward...a little butter, melt the cheese into it, add some half'n'half and bring to a simmer. Toss in cooked pasta and a little pasta water to finish it. I have a frozen pizza bread with marinara for dipping to go with the pasta. If anyone wants "meat", I'll heat up some Quorn chickenless nuggets...good brand...better than most "real" chicken nuggets.

Sounds good to me. Might want to consider shaving a little parm on the top for texture...

My wife took out a few pounds of ground chuck & a couple pouches of this new brand of sauce & pepper bits thing to mix with penne. Looks interesting anyway. I think it's the same brand that makes that loau pepper sauce she slow cooks pork loin in.

Sounds good to me. Might want to consider shaving a little parm on the top for texture...

Yeah...I didn't have any good parm on hand. I gave it a tablespoon of sour cream to finish it and then a sprinkle of the Kraft powdered stuff. Still, really good. Could have used a little garlic powder and a little more sauce, in general.

DSC06311.jpg

Biscuits and gravy for dinner? Oh damn. If I think about that for another moment I'm going to feel myself slip over the edge of a VERY steep slope with six inches of crisco schmeered on the bottom of my feet.

Nope. Too late. I'm screwed.

Sorry Darling. I know you made reservation for tonight but I got an urge...

I didn't cook it, but my dad brought up a pork pie from Leicestershire today which I destroyed in quick fashion. I don't know quite how they make them better than anywhere else, but they do - from the hot water pastry, to the pork itself and the jelly, all are better than any pretenders I have had. World class pie work if I do say so myself

And what is with the generalisation of the French earlier in the thread? It's like saying people from dorset are the same as people from yorkshire or orkney or sussex or the borders or norfolk or the western isles etc. All so different

And what is with the generalisation of the French earlier in the thread? It's like saying people from dorset are the same as people from yorkshire or orkney or sussex or the borders or norfolk or the western isles etc. All so different

To us stupid Americans, not so much:D

LOL you guys!!

Just pulled this bit of lovely from my Oster smoker roaster oven - done with applewood chips to 175*, ran the smoker at 225*.

It's a bone-in pork picnic roast. Took just under 4 hours total. Will cool a bit then slice some off to add to the Cubano sandwiches we're gonna have for dinner!

I'll be there shortly:p

Back