What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tuscan Mac&Cheese ala Mom because it got some canned tuna and chicken just like mom used to add to Kraft when i was young. When you were a kid that was fine dining just like slow cooked pork chops in cream of mushroom soup.
cl8Yauy.jpg

Barilla elbow pasta
Sonoma kale pesto white cheddar sauce
Pesto with Genovese basil
Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
A little cream and butter
My best Tuscan EVO
Heavy on the garlic and Tuscan no salt seasoning blend.
1 can of tuna
1 can of white meat chicken
Fresh cracked Tellicherry black pepper.

Tuscan Mac&Cheese ala Mom because it got some canned tuna and chicken just like mom used to add to Kraft when i was young. When you were a kid that was fine dining just like slow cooked pork chops in cream of mushroom soup.
cl8Yauy.jpg

Barilla elbow pasta
Sonoma kale pesto white cheddar sauce
Pesto with Genovese basil
Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
A little cream and butter
My best Tuscan EVO
Heavy on the garlic and Tuscan no salt seasoning blend.
1 can of tuna
1 can of white meat chicken
Fresh cracked Tellicherry black pepper.

I used to love Hamburger Helper as a kid, too; however, we tried it as adults about 3-4-5-8 years ago and dumped it. WTF was I thinking...anyways that looks good ^

You can actually make a "better Kraft" or "Helper" from available powders. Cream and better cheddar powders are available on Amazon. I use the cream powder all the time for things like white chilli or gravies that need some dairy without the additional liquid.

You can actually make a "better Kraft" or "Helper" from available powders. Cream and better cheddar powders are available on Amazon. I use the cream powder all the time for things like white chilli or gravies that need some dairy without the additional liquid.

Except now I cannot have dairy without gut woes.

Cheddar is lactose free. Well sharp aged cheddar is anyway. The cream powder...not sure. Its mostly fat solids.

Cheese with trace levels (less than 0.5 gram lactose)
Natural, aged cheese (such as Cheddar, Parmesan and Swiss) can be digested by many people with lactose intolerance. During the cheese making process, most of the lactose is drained off with the whey (a liquid portion). The small amount that remains in the curd is changed to lactic acid during ripening (aging) of cheese. Only trace amounts of lactose remain.

Virtually no sugars in the Anthony cream powder so it should be lactose free too.
High Quality Heavy Cream Powder with 72% Butterfat
51FQFIJsX1L.jpg

Last edited:
Cinco de Mayo fare here too - Keto style! Cheese wraps (from Costco) contained Alaskan cod, seasoned and fried in 2" hot oil in a cast iron skillet, and diced avocado, cilantro, green onions, black olives, salsa Fresca, fermented tomatillo/jalapeno salsa, avocado crema and a little Tapatio. I forgot to take a picture of mine but snapped a quick one of KOTC's plate just before he put the sauces on his. Oh and a decidedly not-very-keto Prescott Brewing Company Liquid Amber Ale.

ECCA71F1-1BDD-4ACC-8EA2-CB25BDF96CAB.jpeg
E363F201-E139-42DD-BE4E-C01A9D74420D.jpeg

We've been cooking a lot of those sweet peppers this year. I toss with olive oil, salt, and Kirkland No-Salt Seasoning. Top with Parmesan and bake at 400F for about 20 minutes. So good!

We love that Kirkland no salt seasoning. Its super versatile. Nothing really slaps you in the face. I mix it with tons of my pepper powder blends. Especially anything for beans. Chilli, curries, beef stew, roasted taters, soups...works so well with lots of stuff.
imageService

Thanks the seasoning recommendation : )

We've been cooking a lot of those sweet peppers this year. I toss with olive oil, salt, and Kirkland No-Salt Seasoning. Top with Parmesan and bake at 400F for about 20 minutes. So good!

I grabbed some of the seeds this time, and I'll see if they germinate. If so, in the ground they go : )

Eggs bennie and mimosa brunch.

IMG_20200510_113406_909.jpg

Dinner was something new. I don't cook much sweet and savory, but glad I did tonight.

Pork tenderloin stuffed with roasted garlic, sage, gorgonzola, and bourbon-infused figs. Drizzled with a glaze made from the fig-infused bourbon, maple syrup, and balsamic.

Served with creamy parmesan polenta and Brussels sprouts glazed with balsamic and multiberry mead reduction, topped with gorgonzola.

IMG_20200510_192329_286.jpg

IMG_20200510_192329_292.jpg

Made chilli with about 70% ground beef and 30% semi cured chorizo. Pretty hard item to find outside of specialty markets. Not quite the same as Spanish hard chorizo either. Its much drier than raw Mexican chorizo but will crumble if removed from the casing. Our market just calls it chorizo seco. 50/50 pintos and Peruano beans.

Forgot to take a picture, but made kafta kabobs with ground lamb and plenty of good seasonings, cooked on the cast iron grill over a hot flame, served up with homemade tzatziki and feta cheese in lettuce wrapper leaves. Sliced avocado on the side, although I put some of mine into the wrapper with the kabob and sauce and feta. DANG GOOD STUFF! Inspired by the latest Diners, Drive-ins and Dives where Guy Fieri is having some of his chef buddies send him the ingredients and then walk him through the dish.

West Virginia deer from the parents - s and p, corn starch, and some steak seasoning does the trick alongside mushrooms and onions. Hands down the best deer I've made to-date.
IMG_20200513_160008.jpg

Upside down blueberry and lemon olive oil cannacake (get you going for a few hours)
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200513192259453_COVER.jpg

Salmon in brown lemon butter with broccolini
IMG_20200514_182736.jpg

I grilled some 2" thick loin lamb chops from Costco last night, served up with homemade tzatziki and a Greek salad with green leaf lettuce, feta cheese, Kalamata olives, diced red onion, and a pepperoncini on the side - homemade Greek vinaigrette. Dug into it all way too fast to get a picture, sadly!

Latest posts

Back