What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chuck roast simmered in laksa curry with tau pok and jasmine rice.
QtNNIoT.jpg

Been there, done that...I'd rather have someone's gramma

Uh - THAT statement scares me just a little! ;)

Been to the Anderson's in Buellton and in Santa Nella many times in my life. I like split pea soup and thought theirs was good. Been MANY years since I had any of it though! And not likely to get any more, living now in AZ. AND doing keto!

Cooked up a new clone recipe for Wendy's chili this morning.
Looks a lot like the way I make it. (can't speak about taste) I like "some" beans in chili, but they are mostly just for effect so to speak. I use a spicy sausage and hamburger and also some "Clamato" & spicy V8 juice. It's never the same as there is no actual recipe, sort of like making a brew with what you got. Per usual, I'm sure it's better today (the day after). :yes::rock:

My son and I made a big batch of the krusteaz pancakes. They are so good. He is 8 and did great. Then we made pasta. He rolled and cut and made dough. So good, I am always shocked how good fresh pasta is. And my favorite the city of bolognas ratfied official recipe which was presented to the city by the italian academy of cuisine. So simple yet good. Wife toasted up some home made bread with butter and garlic and bag Cesar kit salad.
Screenshot_20200217-223941_Gallery.jpeg
Screenshot_20200217-223905_Gallery.jpeg
Screenshot_20200217-223855_Gallery.jpeg
20200217_171206.jpeg

Cooked up a new clone recipe for Wendy's chili this morning. It surprised me. Not sure what I expected, but it's a pretty decent chili recipe (with beans). Have not had Wendy's chili in ages, so can't speak to how accurate the recipe is.
View attachment 666644
My wife loves Windy's chilli with onions and cheese. Recipe??

Sure. Made it in the Instant Pot. Did the 1 hour hot soak for the Navy beans. Shredded the chicken (website pic looks like the cut it in chunks). The chips, lime, and Pepper Jack cheese (not Monterey, my bad), were personal touches. Only other thing I would add is a dollop of sour cream on top.

https://twosleevers.com/poblano-chicken-soup/

It's delicious!!

*Edit - Removed the chicken and pureed the soup with an immersion blender then re-added the shredded chicken.

My wife loves Windy's chilli with onions and cheese. Recipe??
I can't vouch for how close it is to Wendy's because I have not had Wendy's chili in ages, but it is quite good and very easy to make. It was posted by Nick57 over at pizzamaking.

Wendy’s Chili Clone – nick57 on pizzamaking

Ingredients
  • 2 pounds fresh ground beef
  • 1 quart tomato juice
  • 1 (29-ounce) can tomato purée
  • 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
  • 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
  • 1 medium-large onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
  • 1/2 cup diced celery
  • 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
  • 1/4 cup chili powder (use less for milder chili)
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin (use more for real flavor)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions
  1. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef.
  2. Drain off the fat.
  3. Put the beef and the remaining ingredients in a 6-quart pot.
  4. Cover the pot and let the chili simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
  5. You can also cook this in a slow cooker on low for 3 to 4 hours.

I can't vouch for how close it is to Wendy's because I have not had Wendy's chili in ages, but it is quite good and very easy to make. It was posted by Nick57 over at pizzamaking.

Thank you

Wendy’s Chili Clone – nick57 on pizzamaking

Ingredients
  • 2 pounds fresh ground beef
  • 1 quart tomato juice
  • 1 (29-ounce) can tomato purée
  • 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
  • 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
  • 1 medium-large onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
  • 1/2 cup diced celery
  • 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
  • 1/4 cup chili powder (use less for milder chili)
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin (use more for real flavor)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions
  1. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef.
  2. Drain off the fat.
  3. Put the beef and the remaining ingredients in a 6-quart pot.
  4. Cover the pot and let the chili simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
  5. You can also cook this in a slow cooker on low for 3 to 4 hours.

Sure. Made it in the Instant Pot. Did the 1 hour hot soak for the Navy beans. Shredded the chicken (website pic looks like the cut it in chunks). The chips, lime, and Pepper Jack cheese (not Monterey, my bad), were personal touches. Only other thing I would add is a dollop of sour cream on top.

https://twosleevers.com/poblano-chicken-soup/

It's delicious!!

*Edit - Removed the chicken and pureed the soup with an immersion blender then re-added the shredded chicken.
Thank you

Doing a cancer fundraiser at work. Made this cheesecake and told people they could help themselves and pay whatever they wanted for a slice.

Going rate varied between 2 and 20$.

Made 104$ total.

That is excellent! And that is a thing of beauty. Nice job, on both the cheesecake AND the fundraising it brought!

Son and I made stir fry last night. I love cooking with the little guy. Pecan smoked pork, little bacon, little Canadian bacon, celery, carrots, onion. Haha, this chopper worked. Anyone know what it is, my mom gave it to me at christmas. Haha, and my daughters 100 day project. She wanted a 98 mm base with two on top. Seemed weird, but turned out the two on top could have been doing anything. Skiing, on an island, watching tv, etc...we made this cute little scene, but I was impressed how this simple idea could have unfolded into any scene.
20200218_182846.jpeg
20200218_184854.jpeg
20200218_192157.jpeg

My wife looks at me and says, the kids really liked those doritos nachos. I hear I really like those doritos nachos. I did too. I think taco salad, nachos, whatever its called might be one of my favorite foods. Hope to see a pick.
MMMMM that looks scrumptious!

We're having taco salads tonight - can't wait.

Back