What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steak au Poivre with Crash Hots

003C987C-57F6-4619-9330-9CCD38649A76.jpeg

Thanks for sharing some nice memories. I enjoyed reading them. Seared shrimp in the all clad. What a pan! But they were still frozen a little maybe and I had to drain the pan 2x to sear them. Just dumped in some alfredo from jar and deglazed. It was so good. Made some more breadsticks and really buttered them. Glad there was only a few bites each. Bob evans mashed potatos on the side. Should have stuck with original plan and just made shrimp alfredo. Mama likes her mashed potatoes though!
Screenshot_20191108-225247_Gallery.jpeg
Screenshot_20191108-225211_Gallery.jpeg

It's the crispy, salty outside and the sweet, fluffy inside tickling all kinds of switches in your brain... ought to be called "crack" hot potatoes cuz I'm already hooked after one hit...

Only the brown ones are referred to as jimmies, the colored ones are still called sprinkles. At least in the parlance of the upper midwest...

I also had to Google the Crash Hot potatoes. I don't get the "crash" still; it would seem they should be called "Crush Hot" potatoes since you crush them, hot, onto the tray.
In any case, for me it's a new method to do potatoes and the photos above look tempting. The sky is the limit.

Do you ever mix the Oreos with melted butter or is that not necessary?

Yea, I did that in the crust. I posted a link to the recipe above... it's all in there if you want the whole process. I followed it closely.

It's really sweet, but very good. I had a slice last night. Next up is pumpkin cheesecake (maybe tonight, we'll see).

Latest posts

Back