What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surf and turf.

Real dry scallops. 60 seconds in a smokin hot pan, then flipped for another 30 seconds.

View attachment 358396

Dude, I so love scallops. The best I have ever tasted were at Brown's Pie Shop in Lincoln, Lincolnshire, which surprised me till somebody slapped me and pointed out that "Dude, England is an island!! Of course they have great seafood!" Lol

Yours look awesome!

Off topic I know, but I'm not cooking at the moment because of this project. And I could not find a thread for I made a patio coffee table out of an old table from chili's! Lol. Not sanded and painted yet, but new base is all assembled and glued.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1465791277.038398.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByHome Brew1465791254.388175.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 92
Off topic I know, but I'm not cooking at the moment because of this project. And I could not find a thread for I made a patio coffee table out of an old table from chili's! Lol. Not sanded and painted yet, but new base is all assembled and glued.
View attachment 358436

I'll take it a little further off topic and say, looks like a nice TJ (or LJ maybe?), from what can be seen. :mug:

Made homemade pasta and meatballs. Cornmeal instead of breadcrumbs because we were out. Cornmeal was a tasty substitute. I have heard you make pasta once before you buy a machine. Can someone help me pick a machine? Seems manual that goes straight to noodle makes sense. Kind of like the noodle gun

View attachment 1465864064651.jpg

Made homemade pasta and meatballs. Cornmeal instead of breadcrumbs because we were out. Cornmeal was a tasty substitute. I have heard you make pasta once before you buy a machine. Can someone help me pick a machine? Seems manual that goes straight to noodle makes sense. Kind of like the noodle gun

I got the pasta attachments for my kitchenaid works great. Actually need to make sheets and ravioli. Sounds like a plan

Wasnt this weekend . But this is what my TEENAGERS made for dinner tonight. Brats and garlic green onion mashed taters, home made fried mushrooms and onion rings. with a apple pie in the OVEN. Worked on a/c all day in 95* and the kids made dinner !!!!! Just not sure about the oven lol

IMG_5187.jpg

Has anyone used the Kitchen Aid meat grinder attachment? I hear grinding your own meat is the way to go. Get some sirloin tip and throw a couple of dabs of butter in it and you're good to go. I see KA has a plastic version and then a steel version. Supposedly one of these attachments does a good job.

Raw hamburgers. Oops. Punished myself for that amateur mistake by eating the whole thing (microwaved the wife's).

View attachment 358555

It doesn't look raw... Just juicy! I like my burger medium rare, and there's only a few places with enough confidence in their supply to cook it that way in a restaurant, so beef from the butcher and at home it the way to go for me.

It's plastic with metal insides.

I just remembered: some reviews complained that the grinder produced "black residue." I saw the so-called "black residue" and it was immediately apparent that it was nothing more than a ground up blood vessel.

I have ground up hundreds of pounds of meat using the attachment for the KA. Love it. For burgers, I double-grind - coarse blade first, then re-run it through the fine blade. For chili or other uses, coarse-grind is great.

I read a bunch of negative reviews about the sausage stuffer so bought a 5 pound stuffer from Cabela's. Grind the meat with the KA, season, fill the stuffer, go!

I don't have a picture but I made ground turkey burgers mixed with shallots, garlic, ginger and soy sauce with a siracha mayo on potato rolls.

I found a 1lb roll of turkey sausage left in the freezer from wally world. So I made a sort of stew. With white onion petals, mushrooms, small dice potatoes, Corn, green beans & seasonings, with 3 cans of mushroom soup added to the minimal water the veggies & sausage boiled in. Turkey sausage was good torn into chunks, but melon baller to make mini meat balls would've been better.

The pasta attachment for the Kitchenaid is a great place to start. I love and use mine all the time.

Now I feel the need to pull all the Kitchen Aid attachments out, Pasta roller works great, had good luck with the grinder and I've used the stuffer, I don't make lots of sausage so it has fit my needs.
Perhaps fat food this weekend, ice cream maker is now in the freezer;)

Wife made fried chicken & mashed taters yesterday, with sour cream & chives! New two basket deep fryer comes in handy, as does the Pro 600 Kitchenaid with the toys...

Kitchenaid has several pasta attachments - one is an extruder, similar to that manual thingie you pictured (which I have, and it works well)and has half a dozen or so dies for different shapes; and then they also have roller/cutter attachments, which I'm lusting after but probably won't buy any time soon because we do low-carb 98% of the time.

Latest posts

Back