What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I probably could stand to lose a few pounds. But I have to eat, too.

;)

I packed on 70 lbs in the past year due to an injury, I'm determined to drop at least 50 by June. Beer, good food and lack of ability to do much of anything led to a hell of a gut lol

Yeah breakfast food is amazing but terrible in that regard. I'd eat it for every meal if I could.

I love breakfast food so much lol thankfully eggs are pretty healthy. I would kill for some good pancakes or waffles though xP

You mean like this?

In Flaundres whilom was a compaignye
Of yonge folk, that haunteden folye,
As riot, hasard, stywes, and tavernes,
Wher as with harpes, lutes, and gyternes
They daunce and pleyen at dees, bothe day and nyght,
And eten also and drynken over hir myght,
Thurgh which they doon the devel sacrifise
Withinne that develes temple in cursed wise,
By superfluytee abhomynable.
You know, Spell Check is free and readily available. Just sayin'.

Dinner tonight was Teriyaki Ribeye, baked sweet potato, and peas. Yum.

IMG_20160202_180631037.jpg

You know, Spell Check is free and readily available. Just sayin'.

HA! Believe it or not that is all technically correct- there wasn't much agreement on how to spell in the late 1300's so what ever was written down was OK. Of course nobody could read so it didn't even matter.

Home cured bacon (sliced thick) with tomatoes and egg for breakfast- no photos as I'm off for a two day course in cyber security for our automation and telemetry networks.

Tonight I had a home-made double with cheese, and the most complicated home fries ever.

When I bake potatoes, I sometimes wrap 2 or 3 in foil and bake them along with the others. Let them cool to room temp after they're done, then put them in the fridge for a day or two. When ready to cook, take them out of the fridge, unwrap them, then slice them into "chips" about 3/16'' thick while still cold. Fry in oil over medium-high heat until they turn golden brown but don't let them get too dark. They taste burnt before they look it. Season as you desire.

I had one potato's worth of fries with my double w/cheese.

Life is starting to outpace me. I finally got a chance to smoke some ribs this past weekend.

I got the "Championship Ribs" recipe from Weber's Smoke cookbook. The sauce wasn't all that but the rub was spot on. The rack in front are dry rub only and the rack in back was wrapped with the apple BBQ sauce.

edit: I think the gang agreed because there were no leftovers which means I can't talk trash at work when everyone smells the BBQ at lunch.

001_zpsdffogh3x.jpg

I made pizzas tonight. No pics, because I was pissed off. The bottom element of the oven died, and I had made this dough for pizza tonight, but for pepperoni-garlic knots on Sunday. The recipe made twice what I needed when I made it last night, so I pinched off half and was going to make a pizza. Instead, I had to make little personal-sized pizzas in the toaster-oven, which took 30 minutes per, with the cheese & toppings getting near-burnt and the crust getting barely browned. Sigh.

Now I don't know what to do about the garlic knots on Sunday.

Back