What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baked brownies and then chocolate chip cookies with my daughter Saturday.

Then, dinner was yellowfin tuna (caught by my neighbor), cooked sous vide then seared. Accompanied by caprese salad on romaine hearts, and pasta shells w/ white cheddar sauce.

Food looks and sounds great.

You and your little one both have the same mischievous grin. :)

Looks delicious. Stout and pork. Sounds incredible. Going to have to make tostones one of these days. I usually just deep fry plantains when they are still firm. Come out like chips (French Fries) from fresh new potatoes. But tostones look great.

Yeah, you just cut them thicker, fry for a minute on both sides, smash and refry.

Basically like a tasteless fritter or fry-type thing.

Really simple but a great starchy-type item to throw on the plate. I can never find the green ones here, but even the yellow ones work well with no real sweetness.

Yeah, you just cut them thicker, fry for a minute on both sides, smash and refry.

Basically like a tasteless fritter or fry-type thing.

Really simple but a great starchy-type item to throw on the plate. I can never find the green ones here, but even the yellow ones work well with no real sweetness.

Duck-fat fried tostones. (Patent pending y'all hear)

I made an everything bagel. In the toaster, on lowest settings, then a second time on medium dark. Vegetable cream cheese spread. Real fancy stuff. I'll get pics next time.

Not much cooking involved but haggis, neeps and tatties is a Burns' night staple in our house. Simple but delicious. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1453754797.921100.jpg

Haggis is one of those things that most people don't want to know how it's made- fortunately my girls found out how tasty it was before learning that and now don't care!

Not much cooking involved but haggis, neeps and tatties is a Burns' night staple in our house. Simple but delicious. View attachment 332954

Haggis is one of those things that most people don't want to know how it's made- fortunately my girls found out how tasty it was before learning that and now don't care!

Neeps and tatties, turnips and potatoes?

Sous vide chicken cordon bleu, second time doing this and it works quite well, no trying to seal it well enough to prevent the cheese from oozing , wrap it up and stick it in the bag.added a little evvo prior to sealing to help prevent lines from the bag.
Not pretty out of the bag,

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1453764377.126143.jpg
But looks better with a little browning,
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1453764430.747310.jpg
Served with broccoli rabe and some rice, happy[emoji6]
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1453764523.971654.jpg

That looks sooooo good.

Red beans and rice for me... Quick version using canned beans. Not quite as good as the long cooked version but very tasty. About another 1/2 hour to dinner.

Man that first picture brings back nightmares. One Grandma would serve us boiled chicken with a side salad of literally just lettuce and mayo as dressing. Ugh.

Red Beans and rice. Of course some good andouille...

image.jpg

Got some leftover Italian sausage, made some pizza dough (currently proofing), planning on adding mozzarella, and rolling it up for a stromboli. Sauce on the side and a salad. Pictures later.

Gonna toss a top round roast into the sous vide on Thursday morning for dinner on Friday night...

I did a four pound roast for 30 hours and the texture was just getting a little bit off, not bad but different, I will probably try a couple hours shorter next time.

Man that first picture brings back nightmares. One Grandma would serve us boiled chicken with a side salad of literally just lettuce and mayo as dressing. Ugh.

That brings back nightmares for me too lol when I working out hardcore with my ex boss, he would have me eat chicken boiled in milk. I still wake up screaming in terror.

Joy! I found a pack of ramen at the back of one of my cabinets! I got to eat tonight.

If only I had some chicken & a fried egg to top it off with...

Those are some seriously bad-ass kebabs!!! :mug::rockin: :ban:

Had a massive surge of saliva in my mouth :p

Is this lamb marinated in yogurt?

Ah thanks man....No its plain old beef, pot roast actually. We grill pot roast cut up in steak like slabs quite often actually if the price is down.. It has loads of flavor for the money. Some of the cut can be a bit chewy but some is quite tender. Lately its been almost as high as prime sirloin though so we go there instead. I guess everyone is catching on.

Back