What did I buy on CL? Taps, kegs, and bottles, oh my...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeltaNu1142

Reaction score
I stumbled on a loaded over & under fridge kegerator conversion on craiglist the other day that I couldn't pass up. I already have a two-tap side-by-side kegerator, but I'm always looking for deals on ball lock kegs, and that's how I found this ad. For $200, I brought home, in the unconventional order of what I was most interested in:

• ball lock keg* in decent condition
  • a 10-lb CO2 tank** & regulator
  • an older flow-control Perlick faucet
  • a never-used, crazy side-action pilsner faucet
  • three taps of various styles
  • a generic Dogfish Head wooden faucet handle
  • an empty 1/4-barrel keg in good condition
  • a bunch of lines & ball lock fittings
  • an empty 5-lb CO2 tank
  • the converted fridge itself, with a left-side shank installed

I'm offloading the fridge, the 5-lb bottle, one of the Sanke taps, lines, regulator, and supplying my own generic faucet & some air lines to a work buddy who's coming by tomorrow to pilfer my haul. Now, for the crazy parts I need some help identifying...

What style of keg tap is this? It seems to be built very well, and it's really clean.

94br6S1.jpg

Check out this side-handled, flow-control pilsner tap! I'm not a big fan of brass finish... but on this, it fits. On the handle bit, there's an engraved phrase, "The Original Pilsner by Pilsen."

Cwl8eEH.jpg

9x2OBxC.jpg

The guy that sold it worked at a known local taphouse chain. He was selling half his setup, and I was happy to take it. The ball lock keg is *completely full with a homebrew entered into a local competition that he described as "alright." I'll try it as soon as I can gas it up. And the 10-lb CO2 tank is **full as well. Score.

More photos:

gw9CE7B.jpg

6Jk1RT6.jpg

I half started this thread to brag... and half to ask what the hell I bought! :D

I just found this HBT thread, by searching Google, actually. I can't find any other reference for this tap. It came with a shank adapter (shown in photos) and fits right onto a standard shank.

Don't think it counts as bragging if you don't know what it is... LOL
:p Good point!

Thanks Smitty. I actually brought everything to a homebrew exchange on Sunday. I reluctantly sold the pils faucet for $95, the Sanke coupler for $20, and the Dogfish head tap handle for $5. A guy at work picked up the fridge, regulator, CO2 tank, and an old standard tap I had sitting around for $150... so I made some money & kept what I was looking for.

Latest posts

Back