What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May want to mount that drill. If there's a screw hole for where a handle attaches to the drill, that's the easiest way. Just grab the longest SS bolt you can find from Lowe's or the like and send it through the plate and put a wing nut on each side. Add a lock washer and or flat washer if you want to ensure they stay put. Wing nuts make for easy removal. Not doing so can really screw up your bearings by leaving all that weight sitting on them as they spin plus the off centered twist they will receive each time you start the drill. Ask me how I know. Also, harbour freight sales a variable rotor control that works well for speed control. Just lock the trigger open on the drill and throttle down with the control box. About $30. They're on AliExpress for a tad cheaper.
A sub $5 investment and a few minutes to install to extend the life of your mill. Cheers!

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/32755090652/32755090652.html

Yah that was the plan before i even bought it...

But the handle uses an M12x1.5 thread (wtf). Longest M12 bolt i can find locally is 70mm, which is fine, but it's only threaded for like 20mm. For now i'll just operate manually. I estimate it'll chew threw a hopper of grain in less than 60 seconds anyways.

This drill has a built in trigger and speed control. Works pretty well based on a few runs i did on my BC with it.

Yah that was the plan before i even bought it...

But the handle uses an M12x1.5 thread (wtf). Longest M12 bolt i can find locally is 70mm, which is fine, but it's only threaded for like 20mm. For now i'll just operate manually. I estimate it'll chew threw a hopper of grain in less than 60 seconds anyways.

This drill has a built in trigger and speed control. Works pretty well based on a few runs i did on my BC with it.

Think that's the same a my harbor freight drill. I found fully threaded SS bolts at Lowe's
Might be able to just get a threaded rod and trim it down

Got my 1lb Grab Bag of hops from Niko Brew! :) Got Sonnet, Liberty, Opal and Chinook..Wow! Didn't know Chinook had such a high AA %! 3 of the 4 are labeled 2013, the other 2014..Crop year? Gonna do some research on 'em and find out how to properly utilize them...Have heard of Liberty and Chinook..Its Opal and Sonnet that I will have to scope out more..

hopsbundle.jpg

Got my 1lb Grab Bag of hops from Niko Brew! :) Got Sonnet, Liberty, Opal and Chinook..Wow! Didn't know Chinook had such a high AA %! 3 of the 4 are labeled 2013, the other 2014..Crop year? Gonna do some research on 'em and find out how to properly utilize them...Have heard of Liberty and Chinook..Its Opal and Sonnet that I will have to scope out more..

Waiting for my 4 lbs. Hope i get something good. No sorachi ace. Already have a lb of it. Just coudnt pass the deal. Was to late for the 2. Oz grab bag.

Waiting for my 4 lbs. Hope i get something good. No sorachi ace. Already have a lb of it. Just coudnt pass the deal. Was to late for the 2. Oz grab bag.

I'm tempted by this deal but I feel I already have too many hops in the freezer. Have you guys bought this deal in the past too?

Problems of a home brewer! LOL

HWMO got the Cubs World Series set. Gotta keep that alive, one of the good things that happened in 2016! Unless you're a Cleveland fan....but I'll happily root for them next year. That was some kick ass game, Game 7......

Just got my custom WilserBrewer BIAB based on recommendations here, it looks and fits great! I am psyched to try it out on my next brew (oatmeal stout). Cheers!

I'm tempted by this deal but I feel I already have too many hops in the freezer. Have you guys bought this deal in the past too?

Problems of a home brewer! LOL

Got it today. Got northern brewer chinook opal and anpther off the wall one. Not to bad

Got it today. Got northern brewer chinook opal and anpther off the wall one. Not to bad

What's the other off the wall one? Inquiring minds want to know. [emoji6] My order should arrive tomorrow. I can't wait to see what I get with the pound of Simcoe I ordered with it!!

I've been thinking of that deal now. I kinda want to see what Niko throws my way but I hope its something I can actually utilize in a style I like

What's the other off the wall one? Inquiring minds want to know. [emoji6] My order should arrive tomorrow. I can't wait to see what I get with the pound of Simcoe I ordered with it!!

I forgot the northern brewer and that one both got a leak in the bag. So i put them both in a big vacum bag snd covered the lable up.

Grains and yeast to make a Zombie Dust clone..Waiting on the Citra hops to come in next week..Then, Zombie brew time! :)

NorCal's new Thrifty RIMS components - no more screwing around with burner temps during mashing!

View attachment 383425

My Niko Brew order came minutes ago. I took advantage of their "Grab Bag" sale and added a pound of Simcoe to the order. Ok no more hops for a while!!!

Simcoe 2014 11.1% AA
Nugget 2013 15% AA
Sonnet 2013 4.7% AA
Opal 2014 6.6% AA
Summit 2014 16.2% AA

have you had good luck with hops that old? Always looking to save some green as long as quality doesn't suffer. :mug:

have you had good luck with hops that old? Always looking to save some green as long as quality doesn't suffer. :mug:

Yes I have. I've been happy with the hops I get from Niko Brew. I'm sure many others would agree with that too.

Now I need to figure out what to brew with the Opal and Sonnet hops. I've been wanting to try the "Grab Bag" sale to get something new.

Well it was in fact yesterday but, I got a nice little package of brewing supplies through the post;

4kg Maris Otter, 1kg crystal C-75, 1pack Wyeast London ale 1028, 1 pack each of Nottingham, Windsor, US-05 and a couple of ounces each of Centennial, Simcoe and Amarillo.

8 packets of Notty Ale yeast for my house ale recipe(my own, simple recipe of 16 pounds British Golden Promise, 3 1/2 pounds of Victory, 3/4 pound UK Extra dark crystal, 11 gallon batch, 2oz Perle at 60, 2 oz Hallertau at 5min) that everyone keeps drinking leaving me short of beer... and 50 pounds of Victory for the house ale! at 3 1/2 pounds per batch it will be gone in a year or less at the rate friends have been using my setup to brew, I make them pay for ingredients and do the work as I supervise if they want beer to take home!

A new propane regulator and line (old one was 10psi and hard to get 6 gallons to a good boil. New one is 30psi), and a small fountain pump for my swamp bath to keep the water moving. Also ordered a bench capper.

Latest posts

Back