What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mind enlightening me to the purpose of such instrument ? :)

Probably HERMS/RIMS.

What's it's max temp rating, and where did you buy it?

As previously mentioned they are used for measuring flow rates. Slightly different versions exist for liquids and gasses, but they are basically the same in principle.

I am going to be attaching this to my RIMS rocket so i can monitor my dough in rate (which i run through the RIMS rocket to ensure my strike temp is dead on), then monitor my recirculation flow rate, and finally my lauter flow rate.

It's rated up to 200F. McMaster P/N 4400K63. Mfr P/N Blue-White Industries F-45376L-8. It took me a long time to find this one. Most of the time they are very pricey since their target market is industrial. This is the only one i could find that had a high enough temp spec, the right range, correct fittings, and a reasonable-ish price.

New hops!

image.jpg

Picked up a couple inkbird controllers off eBay. I've got my kegerator plugged into one, and ill use the other on a small chest freezer for fermenting. I just need room in the shop for it.

Finally upgrading to actual beer faucets from cobra taps after...two decades. The cobra taps are going into a portable 3-keg trashcan-based set-up for taking beer to the track.

So I got, a 2-tap budget kit from AiH, some extra QD's (for transfers), my new favorite dry yeast Mangrove Jack's Newcastle Dark Ale and 10# of Carared (since my LHBS does not carry it)...all to get over $250 to get my $50 off!

got my food saver and bags from Amazon.
Going to seal up the grains I bought to help with storage.

Have the same for my 7 gallon Brewmaster Edition. It is great, however I need to figure out a better cold water supply. Ice chunks in a cooler gets old quickly. Heater is great to gently warm and help the brew finish clean.

I got this bad boy today. It's the Auber BIAB control panel. Got all the components assembled and now I just need to wire it all up.

Tomorrow I should be getting all the parts for my kettle. Hopefully by this time next week I will have my first eBIAB brew under my belt.

View attachment 1470966812012.jpg

View attachment 1470966859196.jpg

In the last couple of days I've gotten my second Co2 line with QD, and my 2-way manifold so I can have 2 kegs carbing. Since today is payday I'm ordering a new 2-tap tower (with lines & QD's included, and all the hardware) from All-Ma-Money's-Zgone for only 61 smackers. The keg that's on tap now is barely 1/3 gone, by the time the next batch is ready to keg I'll be ready for it!

Four brand new kegs (2 fives and 2 threes) so have more flexibility with our brews. This adds to our current 3 five gallon kegs, which are all full at the moment. Plan on using the threes to bring homebrew along on our camping trips!

My HBT tee shirt still isn't here yet. But another of my store CC that got replaced by regular credit card came in today with a way higher limit! It pays to pay more than minimum on CC bills every month! They help with bills and other...ahem...man needs...:mug:

I got a new immersion blender and a used Apple TV. Now I can binge watch from bed. Living the dream gentlemen.. Living the dream.

I got a new immersion blender and a used Apple TV. Now I can binge watch from bed. Living the dream gentlemen.. Living the dream.

And have someone slurry your meals into liquid shakes whilst you intake ala the Ludovico Technique.

clockwork-orange.jpg

My vaping kit came in yesterday, with a ton of those little bottles of different oils to smoke, vape, whatever they call it. Gonna get that going maybe today. Gonna check & see how well my Mumme is settling out in the bottles.

8 pounds of PBW(that stuff is handy for other kitchen duties! Like soaking nasty donated canning jars!), 3 packets of S-05 and 5 of Danstar Notty. My 55 pounds of grain should be in tomorrow.

Just supplies

2 x Oxygen Barrier Bottle Caps
1 x Potassium Metabisulfite - 2oz
1 x British Crystal Malt II
1 x CaraVienna 1-Lb
2 x Crystal Wheat (MFB)
10 x Red X Malt (Best Malz)
1 x Farmhouse Hop Blend 4/oz - 2015 *NEW CROP*

Now next brew I plan something with Red X

Back