What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, I ran the STC down the back and into the compressor box. Then I removed the original freezer controller and replaced the wiring to the compressor with the STC. Basically, I just made 3 connections and the freezer became a finely-tuned keezer :rockin: PM me if you would like me to snap some pics for you.

That's pretty much what I did. I just cut a piece of sheet metal off the side next to the compressor to mount the stc. I didn't feel like running wire.

SS fittings for my new pump, which I'll have Monday. I bought one of those Steelhead pumps from Northern Brewer when they did the 20% Powerball sale.

I also have some specialty grains and 1/2lb each of Cascade and Chinook hops coming.

New snowboard bindings. :rockin:

Now I just need a new board to put them on. :(

Nice! I need new ones as mine are pushing 8 years old, but they still work so its hard to justify haha

Just got a Colonna corker/capper along with a ton of corks and bottle caps this morning. Also got some servomyces and a 50lb bag of 2 row, all from Northern Brewer. Cant wait to start corking my saisons/sours!

This is the first thing I've purchased for my home setup other than the original kit. It's got me excited to move onto my next brew.

:mug:

chiller.jpg

A check from T.Rowe Price...finally cashed out my 401k from my former employer. I see new homebrew equipment in my future!

At last, after being delayed a week by the ice storms, my silver serpent wort chiller came today! Woohoo!

Half my stuff, $@#% post office.
258841d1424737973-what-came-mail-you-today-imageuploadedbyhome-brew1424737973.182239.jpg

You know when you see the dreaded tape your screwed.

I would take that any day. When things get messed up by the post office near me they just disappear. There have been a couple occasions where boxes made the check in scan at the local post office then just disappear. One even made it from China to as far as 5 miles from my house, but just couldn't finish the trip.

10 packs of Montrachet wine yeast. Gotta empty out some apple juice jugs to make way for more beer! Figure I might as well throw yeast in it.

Yeah, I've got two of them going now, first try at cider/apfelwein. I wanted more small batch fermenters and it only cost me another $2.50 a piece to get 1 gallon jugs with apple juice in them. :D

Wow I throw in one sachet per 5 gallon batch. That must blow off like no ones business. Got a larger container you could combine brew it in? May save you some yeast money.

I am a little concerned about over pitching, but I did rehydrate the yeast and split one pack into the two jugs. Not sure what will happen in this situation. I also read somewhere on HBT that wine yeast doesn't develop much of a krausen so hopefully I'm ok.

You should be fine. I am just referring to the cost you are taking on by using that much yeast. With that much it will definitely be a clean ferment. When fermenting in a 5 Gallon Better Bottle I have had it take off and seemingly expand (I had filled it to the bottom of the neck) enough to fill the airlock and pour over a little. There was no a krausen though, I may be wrong, but its not the wine yeast that doesn't form the krausen, its the fermentables. Apfelwein doesnt really pour with a head either.

Oh ok. Luckily I got the yeast for about $0.75 a pack, if it had been beer yeast I would have figured out a way to save the extra for sure.

And ok, hopefully I don't get too much expansion, I poured out a bit to give some headspace just in case. That makes sense about the krausen and head, especially if it's related to the proteins in wort.

Steelhead pump, 8oz cascade, 8oz chinook, 4lbs Crystal 80 and 4lbs Crystal 120. Oh, and camlock fittings and hoses for the pump

Ordered another one of these red bull refrigerators. I swear fedex can screw up an anvil with a rubber mallet. The thing was boxed up bullet proof and had an arrow saying this side up. When I went to help the lady unload it, it was on its side. The base that the compressor motor is attached to is plastic and all the bumps and mishandling of the package broke the compressor mounts and the compressor beat the hell out of the internal parts. Motor mounts bottom base plate wheel dolly, compressor fan. Thought the seller had insured it and I failed to mention it. So here lies my heap to piece back together. Guess fedex doesn't know or care what a simple arrow means. Think I'm done with fedex.

20150224_185851.jpg

Now thats a mess. Nothing like paying for a service and supporting employees of these companies, who dont give a dang about about the customer or the goods that keep food on their plates.

Recently got a full size o2 tank instead of the little disposable ones.

My regulator came today! Whoop whoop. Should be good to go for aeration for the next 10 years

Big delivery today: I got my 5000ml flask and stir plate for yeast harvesting fun. Also, my two-tap kegerator conversion setup with Perlick faucets, Taprite dual regulators, air+liquid lines and disconnects, and a big box with 4 5-gallon kegs. I plan to start hacking the back room fridge by the end of the week.

Yah the worst part is I suspect the government post office is to blame for this one, I called to complain but they didn't care one bit! That's my new co2 tank, luckily I got all that stuff cleaned up half decent in some hot water!

What the hell is that?

What the hell is that?

Looks like more of the mess made by the LME. You would think a company that makes its bread and butter by transporting things would be a little less heavy handed. no box should go out looking pristine and arrive looking like it was used as a ball in a game of forklift soccer, or 'lets see if we can make the tower of babel out of these here boxes' or that we sent them out to become expressionist art.

new drain pump for my washing machine.....FUN!
Have you pulled the old one yet? That is a special smell rivaled only by dishwasher discharge pump and a sewage lift pump...in Iraq...in 118 f...with a full 50L tank.

Have you pulled the old one yet? That is a special smell rivaled only by dishwasher discharge pump and a sewage lift pump...in Iraq...in 118 f...with a full 50L tank.

Been there..done that.

Yeah, i replaced it last night, it was bad....only took 15 min to do, but yeah..the smell

Back