What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/ATTACH]

Cereal Killer grain mill. 2 days after ordering it from Adventures in Homebrewing.

Attachments

• photo_2.jpg
    photo_2.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 335
  • photo_1.jpg
    photo_1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 301
Some universal poppets, a new funnel, and some specialty grains from Morebeer.

Their free shipping got to my door in 48 hours from Philly to Detroit.

My 20 gallon blichman boilermaker. Now, my 15 gallon boilermaker is going to be my HLT in place of my older spike 10 gallon kettle. 10 gallon brews will be much easier now :)

A DiMarzio Tone Zone S pickup for the bridge position and a couple sets of strings for my guitar. (Peavey Predator / Strat copy).

Nothing, because USPS blows. A present for my wife that was shipped a week ago "priority" and should have been here Saturday still didn't show up. :mad:

Just had the same problem. a package was shipped from PA (my state) 2 day priority on the 16th. 9 days later it showed up today. It went to NY,DE and Harrisburg, Coudersport, Back to Harrisburg and finally showed up at my door in Downingtown. I see why they are going broke..

Yeah. I had a package that was shipped from Greece, NY to Dalton, GA priority mail and was supposed to be here last Friday didn't show up until yesterday. :( Priority Mail is NOT "fast". You want guaranteed delivery, send it Fed Ex or UPS.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1387919783.697474.jpg
Ingredients from Morebeer to make a Belgian Dark Strong Ale to drink next holiday season.

I got a Yeast Starter Kit - (2000 ml), now I'm waiting for the stir plate.

You should make your own... there are several threads here on HBT on how to do that. :) It's really not hard as long as you have a spare AC to DC transformer (i.e. "wall wart" / cell phone charger) and a computer fan.
BTW, I didn't use an old hard drive as suggested in the thread I used to build mine. I went to Harbor Freight and bought some rare earth magnets and used those. Much easier. :)

Do Christmas presents count for this thread?

Got a beautiful 25 foot copper wort chiller front my mom. Yes, I still get Christmas presents from my mother :rockin:. I will be taking it for a test run on an imperial buckwheat honey saison this weekend. Also got a blue moon clone kit from my dad to make him a batch of beer, came with 2 oz of mosaic so I'm pretty excited to use those.

Got a 250$ gift certificate now I need to figure out what piece equipment I can fit into that price range. Grain mill, chiller, kegs, more grain for more beer. Not sure. Kind if leaning towards mill and bulk grains.

I'm only just kind of catching up on things since I was out of town. I received a 15 gallon pot (I've previously called it a 20 gallon for no good reason) for Christmas. It was one linked here by someone and with the bulkhead assembly, it was about $125. The second drilled hole was meant for a thermometer but I had some questions regarding dip tubes and stuff.

I have to say that Bobby_M over at Brewhardware.com is crazy awesome. Out of excitement and figuring I wanted to get my e-mail in asap to him, I e-mailed on Christmas day and he responded within the hour. I expected no response until at least Friday or Monday. He answered my multiple e-mails and never appeared frustrated with my line of dumb ass questions. In fact, he threw in the bent dip tube for free! All I know is that regardless of the freebie, I will shop with Bobby before I shop anywhere else from now on. I also received it only a couple of days after I ordered. In fact, it was on my doorstep on the 28th, I ordered Christmas day (afternoon) and wrapping paper was included. :D

So I have my thermometer, tubing, dip tube, and a decal and bottle opener for good measure all lined up. The rest is coming from back home because they were gifts under the tree.
IMG_6248.JPG

I also jumped on the $32 off Midwest supplies refractometer offer before Christmas. I'm moving to all grain and it is my understanding that to make adjustments during my brew day, this is the route to go in measuring OG since the wort will be boiling and hydrometers don't appreciate boiling wort. Not a bad little device but I haven't used it yet.

IMG_6254.jpg

Pardon my essay, I am clearly excited and just thrilled with the CS provided by Bobby_M. He helped once before regarding a weldless site, but I opted not to get it after all.

Oh and UPS just dropped my flask off. 2000ml seemed a lot smaller online.
Now need to buy or build a stir plate and the stir bar is due here tomorrow. I'm nervous about making starters for some weird reason.
The flask: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005QDP82Q/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 $14.95 seemed like a really good price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the small hijack folks but.... What do you think about Galaxy in the mix with Amarillo and Citra?

It would probobably be really good, I have an IPA that is cold crashing now from the dryhopping to get kegged that I brewed with Nelson, Galaxy, and Simcoe that smells out of this world.

What... and get it dirty??

Actually the first brew will be a Belgian Blonde, followed by a Not so Arrogant Bastard, and then a Helles Lager. Yes I am playing catch-up. My keezer is empty.

Thanks for asking.

Today I got the morebeer pliny the elder kit I've been eyeing for a while. So many hops, can't wait to brew!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Got two pounds of hops from Nikobrew today! My first bulk hop purchase.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

1388694349192.jpg

Got the false bottom, bulkhead fitting and valve from Adventures In Homebrewing for my 10 gal. Igloo cooler. Very impressed with quick shipping high quality and the design of this system. I like the fact that the bulkhead connection to the center of the false bottom is plumbed with a short length of stainless tubing making a very rigid system that holds the false bottom tight to bottom of the mash tun. No worries about blow by or tipping the false bottom during a stir. A few more items to go and the brewery will be completely updated.

My late Christmas present for my mom (a thermapen) and one for me because why not? Apparently they were out of the digital probe thermometers which they were going to send me one for free with my order so I got an oven thermometer, 2 silicone sleeves and a small bag of jelly belly jelly beans instead.

Latest posts

Back