What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20200518_172018559_HDR.jpg

Fermentasaurus pressure kit, finally! UPS must be getting overwhelmed, this was tracked to Tucson at 5 AM Thursday, but wasn't delivered until 5:30 PM Monday.

This weeks Burial drop. Going to pass on ordering again for awhile as my “cellar” is pretty much full and with warm weather coming along I will be imbibing in far fewer big beers like this.

08F65170-AA4A-40A1-B377-767591AA7305.jpeg
31FD3E21-C612-4895-B870-59FC22AB49A3.jpeg
FC7DF6A7-32BB-4092-ABB6-7CEE41727168.jpeg

Also, why all the packing material for an item that is clearly not breakable.

It's a mystery to me. It could definitely go in a large padded envelope ala Amazon.
That's the 4th 10 meter coil of EVAbarrier tubing I've gotten from them (this one's going to be used for a "keg purging via fermenter out-gassing" system) and every one came in that size carton stuffed with the same paper wadding...

Cheers!

Big mail call for me today. HBT Stickers, my co2 manifold that I got on MoreBeer’s deal of the day awhile back, and my $28/each “loose handle” kegs from AIH. The kegs arrived pressured up and I think loose handle translates to “we didn’t feel like cleaning these so we will sell them cheap” as the only flaw I can find is they smell like Pepsi lol

F43D432B-A024-464B-8071-E961E977BBF3.jpeg
4203890F-8484-49E3-A736-D88FBE2F0602.jpeg
84BB7106-1704-4DBF-9450-BDA5B5AAD8AD.jpeg

Digiboil so I can stop trying to make this igloo cooler stop leaking, very frustrated but glad now have a sparge tank on its own. Next I need a grain mill, I have a cereal killer bu want to set up to a crankandstein for the detented settings. Major benefit for me.

Loc line, a new 400 micron brew bag, and some PVC gloves.

I had a couple quarts overflow recently because my other brew bag (around 250 mesh) wasn't lautering quickly enough to keep up with recirculation so hopefully the new bag takes care of that.

It's a dark brown honey from Zambia. The bees collect nectar from tree flowers. I'm going to try it first in a tripel, and maybe later in a Mead. See the sponsors showcase.

Sounds interesting. About a year ago I tried a honey ale and made the mistake of using off the shelf honey (the brand that comes in a plastic bottle shaped like a bear). It was not good.

Wasn't really mail as it was personal delivery service from my lhbs. Got some golden promise and mosaic hops for a smash IPA I plan to brew (one of my locals makes this and after having my first can I knew I had to try to brew it myself), as well as some extra citra hops I had needed for a brew but they had been sold out when I placed my last order.

Some BLC and a couple small bags of grain that I didn't get with my huge LHBS pickup.

Not brewing related, but expecting a 2.25" lift kit with new rear shocks for my WK Jeep.
I learned something new today. I “knew” you had made a typo and meant JK for a pre 18 wrangler: I had no idea the Grand Cherokee was given a two digit designation as well. I’m glad I google first! :mug:
What tires are you running (or going to be)?

I learned something new today. I “knew” you had made a typo and meant JK for a pre 18 wrangler: I had no idea the Grand Cherokee was given a two digit designation as well. I’m glad I google first! :mug:
What tires are you running (or going to be)?

Not exactly sure on the tires quite yet, but they will be 265/70/17

I pulled the trigger on the Ss Brewtech motorized grain mill and the matching Brew Cube stand. It came today and it is a tank! I checked mine with feeler gauges and the gap size is consistent the whole width of the rollers and on each end, so I am stoked that mine is nice and tight spec wise! Can't wait to use it on next brew day. I ordered the casters for the stand and they will be here Thursday.

Cheers,

John

I'm too lazy to go take pictures of my yeast/bugs that came in today, but I cant wait to pitch my ECY bugfarm, bugfarm 2, bug country and the mad fermentationist saison blend!! I'm giddy..going to go grab some grains from LHBS on break tomorrow and get brewing Saturday morning..and possibly evening..and likely Sunday morning as well

Back