What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m now stalking you on Instagram. [emoji6]
Nice stickers!

I wish I had done them on clear vinyl, doh! They'll give you the first 10 for a buck, fyi ;)

Oh and the package arrived today ... I guess I should learn to like IPAs, lol. @jimyson coffee got here yesterday, so I'll do a blind tasting and see what we like the most. Rather, what my wife likes the most.

Courtesy package from @pshankstar
IMG_20181205_130552.jpg

Also got this in the mail today, and now I need to figure out what else I need to start kegging with the uKeg. I know my wife has a Co2 regulator around here somewhere; although, it was for an aquarium. Will it work for this application?

IMG_20181205_130251.jpg

I wish I had done them on clear vinyl, doh! They'll give you the first 10 for a buck, fyi ;)

Oh and the package arrived today ... I guess I should learn to like IPAs, lol. @jimyson coffee got here yesterday, so I'll do a blind tasting and see what we like the most. Rather, what my wife likes the most.

View attachment 601005

Enjoy!
After handing the package to the mail lady on Monday I realized you may not like IPAs. It’s hard keeping track of these things. Hahaha
I roasted more of the Ethiopian beans yesterday to enjoy later this week too.

Enjoy!
After handing the package to the mail lady on Monday I realized you may not like IPAs. It’s hard keeping track of these things. Hahaha
I roasted more of the Ethiopian beans yesterday to enjoy later this week too.

Ah, fook it. I'll drink them ... there are a few IPAs that I do like and those are late additions hops (ie: very low to low IBUs). Otherwise, the acidic nature of IPAs completely devastate my guts. I guess I will now play a game of Russian Gut Roulette.

Ah, fook it. I'll drink them ... there are a few IPAs that I do like and those are late additions hops (ie: very low to low IBUs). Otherwise, the acidic nature of IPAs completely devastate my guts. I guess I will now play a game of Russian Gut Roulette.

Well I think you’re in luck with these. I believe most of not all of the hops are late additions or flameout only.

View attachment 601005

Hopefully simple is better.

You could always send me those high ibu ipas. My gut loves 'em. [emoji6]

Not today but yesterday, the three pounds of hops I ordered from Hops Direct arrived; Chinook, Centennial, and Crystal. And I have about 6oz of Mosaic from the boss, gonna make up something very smelly and delicious this weekend if I can get some propane.

An empty box...

Today, I was supposed to brew.. 55lb sack of Maris Otter was coming UPS.. sometime between 11 and 3. I got the box, it was left empty on the front steps.. Northern Brewer is going to ship out a new one.. on Monday. Nothing worse than waiting all day, seeing the box, then picking it up to realize there were no contents.. And UPS would not contact the driver. They did put a claim in, and the woman who picked up was a homebrewer, so that was amusing.

An empty box...

Today, I was supposed to brew.. 55lb sack of Maris Otter was coming UPS.. sometime between 11 and 3. I got the box, it was left empty on the front steps.. Northern Brewer is going to ship out a new one.. on Monday. Nothing worse than waiting all day, seeing the box, then picking it up to realize there were no contents.. And UPS would not contact the driver. They did put a claim in, and the woman who picked up was a homebrewer, so that was amusing.

Wait what? UPS saw that the shipping label was 55lbs and they still put an empty box on your doorstop? That’s just cruel.

Amazon delivered a pressure canner and all the equipment needed to start slanting yeast. There was also a pound of Bramling Cross hops and I should receive a shipment of yeast slants from the UK any day now.

Replacement Ph probe for Milwaukee MW102.
Disappointed the old one lasted just a year. Readings got a continuous hour-glass and incorrect readings. New one calibrated fine. Hopefully will last longer.

Had another $50 to burn at amazon so I got some DME for making starters, large reusable hop bags, and screw on "gamma" lids for my grain buckets.

So it came a few days ago, but I wanted to post things up proper. So much that I linked this in a thread to celebrate my return to HBT and homebrewing in general, having forgotten about the existence of this thread.

My new mill.

Back