What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 10 gallon MegaPot 1.2 from Northern Brewer arrived today. Doing my first BIAB batch tomorrow. I'm pretty excited.

7lb 4oz of hops... woohooo...

pHSAqn2.jpg

Ingredients for my next few fermentations. 9 pounds of orange blossom honey for some mead. Pilsner DME, Special B, some Munich malt, and some oak cubes for a Belgian Dark Strong (I've had some Wyeast 3822PC in the fridge staring at me for a couple months). I'll use some of the remaining Munich malt and a couple pounds of Munich malt DME (something new to me) I got today to create a nice, high gravity environment for me to inoculate with the Wyeast Hella Bock that also arrived today.

Freezer has plenty of malt in the freezer, plenty of yeast waiting to be used. I got to get to the local shop for the rest of my ingredients.

Pilsner malt
Wheat malt
Flaked wheat
Flaked oats
5 different yeasts
Lots of Citra, Galaxy, Columbus, Amarillo, Mosaic, Styrian Aurora, Styrian Goldings and Styrian Dragon ( experimental 105/220 ).

Belgian pale and Saisons here I come.

Big day! 37% HCL, 25' of silicone tubing + 8 female cams from Brewhardware, and a Kegco 3 roller from Bev Factory.

Spike BK is on its way as of today, too. They're about an hour from us, so I know I'll be seeing that shiny beast really soon.

Then it's a bit of a desert for a couple of months.:(

I was able to get my hands on some Northdown hops for my Fuller's London Pride clone I am brewing next week. Got it today and it came from a brewery in England! Great price and really good people to deal with over there......

John

Congrats, jcav. You mean, you bought the northdown direct from an English brewery?

Yes Sir! EnglishAndy here on HBT hooked me up with a link to the website on E-bay Uk. Apparently it's a popular store front that supplies lots of people over there. The name of the brewery is Croomsmyloof Brewery. After I placed my order Steven Smith from the brewery sent me an e-mail telling me the package of hops was being taken over to the post office. He also wanted to know what I was brewing and wished me great success. I sent him back a reply with what I was brewing and a picture of my brewery. He couldn't get over my home brewery and he said it was a "Cracker"!

Here is a link of the store front on E-bay UK.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100g-Hop-...:m:mcOqobTg4KGn3nKiynHQbGw&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Here is a caption from their website:
We're actually a contract brewer - mainly mashing experimental brews for the industry as a whole, hence the large variety of hops. And don't think you're getting any old hops we've no use for! We'll get through (and sell - mainly to other breweries) a 5kg foil within three weeks, so pretty damn fresh and all from the latest harvest - Mostly 2016/17* (*see below) with best before Dec 2019

I am excited to get my hands on these hops. Thanks again EnglishAndy for hooking me up with them!

John

SS Brewtech 7 gal Brew Bucket Brewmaster Edition. Ordered the regular brew bucket from OBK during their "25% off everything sale" and after getting a message that they were sold out, they sent the brewmasters edition at no extra charge! Oh ya, free shipping on orders over $100.:D

SS Brewtech 7 gal Brew Bucket Brewmaster Edition. Ordered the regular brew bucket from OBK during their "25% off everything sale" and after getting a message that they were sold out, they sent the brewmasters edition at no extra charge! Oh ya, free shipping on orders over $100.:D

That's was an epic sale, great score!

OBK can not be beat. Best prices, service and hilarious sales.

Got this handy faucet wrench today so I can get it inside my tower on my kegertor to get the nut off more easily, when I change my tap lines. Got it for $11.53 which is a good price considering I have seen it go for $30 to $40 on some websites. Here is a link:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OHMHL7M/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
John

Last edited by a moderator:
Some 90ish degree tri clover elbows. Someone needs to send China some squares for Christ sakes, Stevie wonder could build better 90's than some of these.

My first piece of new gear in a LOOOOOOOOONG time came today. It is a.......................... Blichmann HELLFIRE! WOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOO! Great timing too. I am brewing tomorrow morning!

MaryB I’m so jealous!!! I haven’t found anyone out here in Cali that sells beef that way but when I was in Pa that’s how I bought my beef too. It was a bit more, between $4.25-4.50.

I literally can't stand grocery store beef anymore. It is bland and tasteless after eating grass fed for 6 years. Comes form a local rancher and is butchered locally so a rare hamburger is safe to eat(I asked the butcher if he would eat one of his burgers rare, he grabbed some raw beef coming off the grinder, salted it, and ate it!) and that alone makes it worthwhile to buy local!

MaryB I’m so jealous!!! I haven’t found anyone out here in Cali that sells beef that way but when I was in Pa that’s how I bought my beef too. It was a bit more, between $4.25-4.50.

Got some Ultra Barrier Silver beverage tubing yesterday and some otiker clamps, to use when I change out my lines in my kegerator.

John

BLC, 34/70 yeast for an experimental warm fermented lager, and some K1-V1116 yeast for hard cider(maybe a cyser with some honey), and a hydrometer sample tube so I don't have to drag the one int he house out to the garage to test OG(one in the house is used for FG). Seems to be the one thing I always forget to take out to the garage for a brew day!

3kg of Chevallier malt (see http://www.brewersguardian.com/brewing-features/supplier-news/1858.html for background) to go with my heritage hops for some proper 1890s action.

And since shipping was a fixed rate up to 30kg, a 25kg sack of Fawcett's Otter and some more yeasts to play with, found their way onto the order.... Sadly they had run out of WLP066 London Fog already, it was in and out of stock within about 2 days.

Yesterday I got all of my camlock fittings and today my refractometer is coming. I get to brew with my pump for the first time tomorrow morning. Doing 5.5 gallons of a dry stout and 5.5 gallons of a Belgian blonde.

IMG_9998.jpg

This didn’t come in the mail but I did get this today. The family and I visited an old friend & met her boyfriend. We started talking about homebrewing and he said he recently had to give up the hobby due to lack of time. Then he pulled out a bag and said “do you want these”? Well hell yeah! 12oz left of both Citra & Mosaic plus the 1oz bags. The Cascade wasn’t even open.

Now I need to figure out a time to brew a nice IPA with these hops & I’ll probably use some of my Amarillo hops too! I told him I’ll be in touch when it’s ready for him to enjoy too. It’s the least I could do for some free hops.

B5938045-5B46-4E9C-B24E-40C99C68D7F9.jpeg
Just took delivery of my dream counterflow chiller, all stainless and about 30 feet long, can’t wait to put this bad boy from Stout Tanks to work.

Ha, finally found this thread.

Early present from HWMO, Jaded Hydra!

And yarn to crochet lap blankets for the kiddos.

Attachments

• 20171129_114431.jpg
    20171129_114431.jpg
    773 KB · Views: 122
Back