What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a second Mk II Wort Pump from WilliamsBrewing (great customer service)
and from Ritebrew (I am in their 1 day 8 dollar shipping region): 16 Lbs of Two Track Dakota malt
2 oz of Citra / 2 oz Amarillo / 4 oz Galaxy / 1 oz Apollo

Hach Pocket Pro+ PH Tester because it's time to start messing with water profiles.

Also a stainless steel immersion wort chiller because I'm tired of my copper ones oxidizing.

If you don't mind sharing, what was the shipping for that 4lbs buy? I'm trying to figure out shipping costs from other hop vendors since Niko Brew is no longer an option. 🙁

I see their site is down, but pro site is still up. They close?
I'm a big fan of Yakimavalleyhops.com
Check them on black Friday for sure. I got $5 pounds of cascade, ctz, Zeus, centennial last year. All 2016 crop iirc. Plus a free hop shot and hop hash!
Anyway, I got an Apera pH meter. $28 on a lightning deal. Figured it was worth a gamble. Solid reviews. Seems to be a better option than the $10 ones. Has a cover that keeps the probe wet. Came with a case and testing solution too. Good enough to be good enough I hope.
Apera Instruments PHB-3 Economic Waterproof pH Pocket Tester, ±0.1 pH Accuracy, 0-14.0 pH Range https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ESYG6X8/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
3 pin lock kegs with gaskets and free quick disconnects from kegconnection! $104 shipped is quite a deal. Just need a dedicated piece of metal in the Keezer to bleed pressure, but who cares. Now I gotta brew.

3 pin lock kegs with gaskets and free quick disconnects from kegconnection! $104 shipped is quite a deal. Just need a dedicated piece of metal in the Keezer to bleed pressure, but who cares. Now I gotta brew.

Just use a spare disconnect
It also adds the benefit of pointing it away from your face.

Got a cabinet from Sam's to move all my stuff out of the guest b/r into the garage. Everything fit except for all the empty bottles.

Nice delivery today.

BUD 11-51/64" 7-55/64" 5-7/64" Economy Box
Weldless Bulkhead
4 Stainless Steel Q/Ds w/ barb
Weldless Kettle Ballvalve
Ballvalve (for pump)
10 DS18B20 Temp Sensors
RPi Buzzer Module
5-5 Position Screw Terminal Blocks
10 XLR Male Fittings
10 XLR Female Jacks
10 worm clamps

20170220_140503.jpg

My new Wilser bag arrive to complement my 20 gallon SS Brewtech kettle! I guess I need to brew some beer this weekend and break-in my new toys! ;) Maybe I'll do a double sized batch since I have the space in the kettle. :D

tripod stand for my phone / ipad so I can actually film proper brewing videos.

He's out of Rochester I know it. AJs beer warehouse, still have a gift card to there. Nice selection though! Lots of VT beer

You are correct. He used to live in Greece, but since then he's been married and bought a house. Still in the general area but I'm not sure where. Last time I visited he took me to the Tap and Mallet for a few beers.

Now, where to start...where to start....

Some East Ken Golding hops for a future English Bitter Strong, Mangrove Jack's Burton Union and Bavarian Wheat and several pounds of malts.

Yeah, it's not the same without that shiny new trinket that promises to cut brewing / bottling times by 20 % and make you look 50 % cooler.

My new 88 rack bottle tree. Unfortunately one of the teeth were broken off, but called the popular online store (not owned by InBev), and my replacement was shipped out immediately. Also got my new aeration system (the fish tank kind with SS stone), priming bucket, and some tubing. Just in time for my first batch! As a side note I know that pure O2 is best, but I'm on a budget, and making sure I enjoy this hobby before jumping in headfirst.

My new 88 rack bottle tree. Unfortunately one of the teeth were broken off, but called the popular online store (not owned by InBev), and my replacement was shipped out immediately. Also got my new aeration system (the fish tank kind with SS stone), priming bucket, and some tubing. Just in time for my first batch! As a side note I know that pure O2 is best, but I'm on a budget, and making sure I enjoy this hobby before jumping in headfirst.

ive never used pure 02... has worked just fine for 5+ years.

Back