What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to replace floating thermometer number 2. I ordered another one from Midwest & decided to order some regular orange bottle caps. Got two bags of those delivered yesterday. Hey, my birthday's Tuesday & I needed'em anyway. I was surprised to find that this floating thermometer is different from the others. It has this soft plastic hanger thing pushed down over the top. It's that rounded top part that pops small holes on the other ones. So this one should last longer.Plus it came in a round tube, rather than those square two piece ones. So now I also have another hydrometer tube that's a bit shorter than the others, with only one capped end that should hold about an ounce less. :rockin:

300 lbs of grain for our batch of imperial stout to fill our whiskey barrel. FedEx driver asked me "what's in here, dog food?" "Nope" I replied, "that's for beer!"

I'm now broke for a while...

Me too. A few thousand $$ since last year to fix the car & it's down to an oil change & seafoaming the intake to get passed that bloody e-check. Even if I do pass in the next day or two, I'd have to borrow the money for the stickers.

Today in the mail I got the hardware needed to build my 4-tap Keezer (faucets, shanks, tubing, connections, etc.). I also got a Soda Making kit and a gallon of Sprecher Root Beer Extract. Some Star San and a couple pint glasses.

Also picked up two 20lb CO2 tanks today off Craigslist. The hydro test date has expired, but at $35 for the pair, this should still turn out to be a good deal.

IMG_3902.JPG

IMG_3893.JPG

Today in the mail I got the hardware needed to build my 4-tap Keezer (faucets, shanks, tubing, connections, etc.). I also got a Soda Making kit and a gallon of Sprecher Root Beer Extract. Some Star San and a couple pint glasses.

Also picked up two 20lb CO2 tanks today off Craigslist. The hydro test date has expired, but at $35 for the pair, this should still turn out to be a good deal.

Ooh I love sprecher root beer. Absolute best there is!

An electric water kettle. I use it mostly for coffee, but it heats up my priming sugar water as well. Toot.

Had a couple of boxes from Northern Brewer on the doorstep when I got home today:
zxwj7d.jpg

• X 3 - 1 Gallon Clear Glass Jug
  • X 3 - No. 6 Stopper - Drilled
  • X 3 - Three-Piece Airlock
  • Mini Auto Siphon 5/16" racking cane
  • 1/2" Auto Siphone Clamp
  • 5/16" Auto Siphon Clamp
  • 6 feet of 5/16" Siphon Hose
  • Oxygenation Kit 2.0
  • 1-Gallon Black IPA Recipe Kit
  • 1-Gallon Saison au Miel Recipe Kit
  • 1-Gallon Caribou Slobber Recipe Kit
  • 5-gallon Wil Wheaton ValdalEyes PA Recipe Kit
  • and a $20 gift card

That should cover me for the next 4 weeks.

Picked up a very nice Foodsaver 3800 on eBay.
I'll use it on bulk hops most but I can see many other opportunities on the horizon. Even packed some really nice, fresh lamb hops today.

OK, what the hell is a lamb hop?

On Friday i had waiting on me 44 ounces of hops! 11 varieties in 4 oz packs. i get to be experimental and see how many different types of hops play with each other. cool....

Vittles Vault 80 :) FINALLY have a 20 gal fermenter to primary my 15 gal sour batches before moving them to my LME/starsan blue barrels

Hop rhizomes from Ritebrew! 2 each of Columbus and Centennial! Time to (finally) get the hop garden started! Hopefully will go in the ground this weekend. :D

My GF bought me this cool stuffed "animal" - (never thought I'd say those words...) but it's a stuffed yeast microbe blown up like 1,000,000,000 times....
yeast_zpsezpjxrqr.jpg

(she is awesome!)

AND
I got this SWEET "beer brewing jacket" from e-bay...
jacket_zpsue2gbzvk.jpg

...life is good!

s sweet beer-brewing jacket...

Got all this in the mail today!
JRVQ7l2.jpg

The burner is coming tomorrow!

Sadly the kettles, false bottom and BMB are going back as they are warped.

2 sets pin lock posts and 2 1/4" NPT to 19/32"-18 posts. Need to get 1/2" NPT to the 1/4" now to match up to my plate chiller and I can chill if I brew this weekend.

Back