What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes I get bored with music altogether and listen to old time radio shows. I dont have a source to listen to a broad selection, but spotify has "My Friend Irma" from the late 40's. A comedy based on a couple of young women trying to scratch out an existence as roommates against a backdrop of Manhattan's working class poor of the era, I find it a pleasant distraction from the office politics. "Hello, Joe? Got a problem...", shiftless neer-do-well Al cracks me up!

lol, damn...now i remember being a kid and spinning records saying 'The Shadow knows.."...even made a movie i think...

on topic though right now i'm 'enjoying the silence' drinking coffee, and thinking i'll turn on this when i get back on grain alcohol...

‘The Nutcracker’ - my son loves playing it on his keyboard (it’s one of those auto-melody settings). He’s only 20 months.

"You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch" from the original 1966 Christmas cartoon.
Part of the ditty is on my phone as a message alert.

So the wife calls from work, telling me some packages were just delivered. Meanwhile, the mobile is going off while she's talking on our house line and she hears the tune playing.

"That's mean."
No. It's fun because it's set up as a general alert, not a personal one....:)

Last edited:
IMG_6874.JPG

Luke Combes, Hit me like a hurricane
Country music videos on YouTube while brewing!

So here is a tune I heard a lot back in the 70's.

Presented in a movie trailer, from an absurd and amusing film based on the song.

A young S Peckinpah directed, for the film buffs.

Back