What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard this on the radio last week, but I was only half paying attention. The melody was stuck in my head days later, but I had no idea what the song was called or who sang it. I just heard it again today and actually paid attention to figure out who it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this song and the whole album it's from. This is some seriously laid back stuff played by three instruments. An old stand up bass, played by the brother of Allison Krauss. Bill Frisell on guitar, and the drummer eludes me at the moment. However, he is demonstrating a very nice technique with brushes and reserved playing.

I think it is beautiful. A nice cross between jazz, folk, and country music.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yrpaslznRA[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=629ZUKF9zPc[/ame]

While I finally get a chance to relax have a beer and reply to the 74 emails I got today.... Great album! 1 of my favs from the long lost Queensryche!

Cheers
Jay

Finally created a Pandora account...great stuff. I've created my own "stations" for Delta Blues, Zydeco (traditional, not the newer rap influenced stuff), Cuban, and Classic Rock. Have Pandora on shuffle across all these stations now...great mix.

Clifton Chiners playing now...one of the first to popularize Zydeco which until then was just considered folk muisic, much like the Delta Blues. Muddy Waters just cued up! ;-)

Just added Andy Palacio (Garifuna, Belizean) to the mix...forgotten how much I liked his music.

I didn't hear the original until I was already a Tool fan, but I remember thinking, "wow, this sounds like it could be a Tool song."

So this makes perfect sense. :rockin:

A lil punk on Friday...

And another one a member's post just reminded me of that I always liked...

Reminds me of this cute girl I played marbles with in grade school. Her name was Sheila! She was good at it too. Years later, a buddy & me were at a local club, she obviously recognized me, walked up & rubbed her firm tits on my back & smiled at me wickedly....Oh, Sheila!....

After sometimes being reminded where I stand in this family, I know how Shrek felt...

Back