What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Ode To The Ultimate Hamburglar" :D

Cheers!

[edit] I just discovered the "My Mix" thingie on Youtube. Cool beans! It looks as simple as a list of everything I've played the most, but that's fine. If I could pump it to straight onto my old but functional iPod* that would be awesome. I'll have to look into that :D

* For situations when I don't want to use a $1300 phone to listen to music. Like, mowing the lawn...or fishing...or skiing...

Last edited:
Lmao! Apparently the "My Mix" list is deep - I can't even remember how many years ago I last saw this video!
Still awesome though :D

Cheers!

yeah well, they just want you rev'd up to spend more money. i've noticed their algorythm, is always trying to loosen my wallet.

Aside from how Psy figures into the scheme..."spend more money"...how?
The daily Boston Globe e-paper is the only thing I pay for. Otherwise there's nothing I consume via the web that cost me anything.

Cheers!

Aside from how Psy figures into the scheme..."spend more money"...how?
The daily Boston Globe e-paper is the only thing I pay for. Otherwise there's nothing I consume via the web that cost me anything.

Cheers!

just the way i feel i guess then. i never got any debt and every time they push something on me, i feel like they want me to hang with cool, kids, have a bunch of debt and be slave labor....

my latest favorite! one rock song and i won't get one recomendation for stuff like this!

"Ode To The Ultimate Hamburglar" :D

Cheers!

[edit] I just discovered the "My Mix" thingie on Youtube. Cool beans! It looks as simple as a list of everything I've played the most, but that's fine. If I could pump it to straight onto my old but functional iPod that would be awesome. I'll have to look into that :D

I used to use something called youtube2mp3 to rip audio from youtube videos. Google it. Not sure if it's still a viable option though.

ps: Boom, Like That is a cool Knopfler song. It comes up on my Pandora playlist occasionally.

I had to drive down to NYC and back today. 192 miles each way. Combined drive time: 5:30. It was fun.
But I'm still coming down...Knopfler - here, aging nicely - is helping :)

Cheers!

I used to use something called youtube2mp3 to rip audio from youtube videos. Google it. Not sure if it's still a viable option though.

ps: Boom, Like That is a cool Knopfler song. It comes up on my Pandora playlist occasionally.

I bought a premium license for the full DVDVideoSoft suite years ago. Bless their hearts, the license persists.
I can pull vids off my phone - or from anywhere - resize and/or rotate/convert/whatever where needed to fit whatever format/transport I want to use (eg: BIG HD vids don't fly on MMS - need shrinkage).
Support is fabulous - I actually had a problem with one of the suite tools just last week and this morning they sent me a link to the hotfix. Can't beat that.

At my 70-ish age the notion of pulling mass quantities of media off Youtube to enjoy at my convenience has been a continuing revelation. I'm old enough to remember some epic lawsuits over people that had the temerity to download music...

Cheers!

Wife and I caught Knopfler at the Santa Barbra Bowl when he was touring his Tracker album a few years ago. Crazy cool venue to watch a concert - in the hills above Santa Barbara, with a view of the city and the sun setting into the Pacific, a surreal effect. Needless to say we enjoyed the show very much.

I have most of the Dire Straits and Knopfler's solo work on cds.
One of my favorites from his solo years.

I would not mind the traditional Christmas songs, it's the stupid "Christmas Shoes" or rap type Christmas songs that I don't enjoy at all.

Rap example, "Hey, Santa, here's a 22 in your a*s, how's that's for XMas?" Oh, boy...
Agreed. I’ve had the Christmas Traditional Radio station on Pandora playing most of the day. Bing, Frank, Perry, Dean, Burl, etc. Mostly recorded before I was born but I find a peaceful comfort from it all.

new music to me from a music match

I remember Shooting Star, had their first album. What I don't remember is if I bought the album after seeing them live, or after hearing them on the radio. That info is lost in the recesses of my brain. One of the frustrating things about getting old I guess.

I remember Shooting Star, had their first album. What I don't remember is if I bought the album after seeing them live, or after hearing them on the radio. That info is lost in the recesses of my brain. One of the frustrating things about getting old I guess.
I don't think I had heard them before but possible had and just don't remember either. There seems to be a familiar sound to it but I am wondering if I might be confusing it with Kansas.

ruwenzori.gif

Mountains of the Moon

Back