What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so I've followed A Red Rubber Ball down a rabbit hole which has led to the hiding place of many of the albums I've lost over the years. Nostalgia addiction is very real...
I love the Temptations' original version but Ronnie Wood, Ronnie Lane, Kenny Jones, Ian McLagan, and Rod Stewart kick azz in this live version.

Ok, so I've followed A Red Rubber Ball down a rabbit hole which has led to the hiding place of many of the albums I've lost over the years. Nostalgia addiction is very real...
I love the Temptations' original version but Ronnie Wood, Ronnie Lane, Kenny Jones, Ian McLagan, and Rod Stewart kick azz in this live version.

I hear you. I frequently spend hours following these music rabbit holes.
I had a best of Rod Stewart LP years ago that had "I'm Losing You" on it, but I'd never heard the live version before. Thanks!!

I've always liked this song and these young kids play easier and better than most on tour

There is so much talent out there. I'm not sure that it hasn't always existed but in these days of youtube and other easily accessed media it's much easier to see. I have to admit I've become a bit addicted to videos of those talent shows from around the world and there is so much amazing talent worldwide. Makes me think, as simplistic as it may sound, that if music lovers ran the world it would likely be a far better place.

20190622_222356.jpg

I'm a big AP/P fan so I got it the day it was released. Let me know what you think of it.

Same here--big fan. I have the whole APP and AP discog, along with Keats, Freudiana.

The new disc is good, didn't exactly jump out at me, but I think it will stand up to repeated listenings and grow on me. I didn't expect anything like classic APP.

Same here - Keats and Freudiana. I think I may also have a Freudiana "black" recording around here somewhere that someone sent me, either on cd or tape. (Ladyhawke soundtrack? Andrew Powell Plays the Best of the Alan Parsons Project?). Obviously never had a chance to see APP live since they never formally toured. But since the Project disbanded (and Woolfson died), Alan has been touring fairly regularly over the past 20 years or so, using different backing musicians. I've taken advantage by seeing him perform live around 60 times.

The song Blackfield from the album of the same name. Band is (of course) Blackfield, a Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) side project with Israeli songwriter Aviv Geffen. Good song, and the video is way cool.

Hey Papa by Terrence Boylan. One of those artists who slipped through the cracks in the 70s. Song is from one of my favorite cds I own, magnificently recorded and all songs are absolute winners. Unbelievable list of supporting musicians including Jim Gordon, Chuck Rainey, Donald Fagen (Steely Dan), Dean Parks, Victor Feldman, Timothy B. Schmidt and Don Henley (Eagles), , Toto's Michael Porcaro, David Paich, Jeff Porcaro, and Steve Lukather, Michael Omartian and others. This reads like a list of who's who of the LA recording scene in the late 70s. Think Eagles meets Steely Dan meets Jackson Brown.

Last edited:
Rodney o Joe Cooley in the house. All woofers are pumping, stuff is falling off the walls and dogs and kids are yelling to turn it down! Hellow BASS flashback. [emoji41]

Last edited:
Other than perhaps the Jimi Hendrix Experience and SRV and Double Trouble I can't think of any 3 man bands that could come close to the huge sound Rush had while playing live. It's sad that age and health issues has ended their touring days.
3 great bands that I will only have the pleasure of seeing live via video :(

Back