What are you brewing this weekend (10/26 - 10/28)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished up my oatmeal stout.

3 hours 54 minutes from flame on to clean up.

Hit my numbers dead on (1.056). Smells like a mocha factory in my brewshop :)

BierMuncher said:
Just finished up my oatmeal stout.

3 hours 54 minutes from flame on to clean up.

Hit my numbers dead on (1.056). Smells like a mocha factory in my brewshop :)

Man, I've got to get a rhythm going. Each of my 3 batches -- extract with steeping grains, partial mash and all grain -- have been 5 hours from clean kitchen to clean kitchen. I suppose that I should take some comfort in the fact that each batch was more complicated than the last and the time remained the same, but still . . . .

Chad

Bout to crush my grains as soon as I get off this dang ol' comuter :D All weighed out. Since my candi sugar has a higher potential SG than I thought this beer is going to be 1.100!!!! WOOOOOOOT.... gonna be a baaad boy.

I found a drinkable apple juice that comes in one gallon glass fermenters, I mean jugs, so I am going to do up five gallons of Apfelwine and then makes some one gallon batches of different meads.

EDIT: FWIW I am using "Naturally Preferred" brand 'organic apple juice with vitamin C' small print ingredients say 100% Apple juice and vitamin C, pastuerized.

10 gallons of Bock resting comfortably in primaries. Mashed in at 5AM, finshed up at 11. Hit the high range for style with an OG of 1.067

88% efficiency. Thank you Barley Crusher! :rockin:

Taking a pass on brewing this weekend - too much going on: brother in town for visit, party tonight along with Red Sox game, brunch and going to Pats game tomorrow, I'll be ready for the weekend first thing Monday morning!

I missed the UPS guy with my AHS delivery so no brewing for me this weekend.

I do however have 2 carboys that need to go to bottles. One beer and my first apfelwein. I

may not have enough bottles, so the plan is to bottle all the beer and what I can of the wein, then put the rest of the wine in growlers for early, uncarbonated, yet still delicious drinking.

ROT! ROT! ROT!

Pulled the bag of grains for the amber out of cold storage & it got damp at some point. Heat-seal seams didn't hold. Mold in the bottom of the bag and the grain smells.

Bag for the Southern Brown grains is fine, but the hops have gone missing along with the instructions.

Too late to do much except pull a pint and think about what I have that will work. Maybe I'll just use the amber hops. Guess I'm brewing tomorrow.

I am working on designing a 5 gallon backpack tank. I am going to try to modify a backpack to hold one of my 5 gallon cornies, attach a little C02 charger and walk around with a picnic tap. Think huge camelback backpack. If it works out I am going to dress up like elvis prestley and give out homebrews straight off tap at my friends party.

Donasay said:
I am working on designing a 5 gallon backpack tank. I am going to try to modify a backpack to hold one of my 5 gallon cornies, attach a little C02 charger and walk around with a picnic tap

Holy crap! Don't hurt yourself. If that doesn't work out, maybe one of the rolly suitcases.

Donasay said:
I am working on designing a 5 gallon backpack tank. I am going to try to modify a backpack to hold one of my 5 gallon cornies, attach a little C02 charger and walk around with a picnic tap. Think huge camelback backpack. If it works out I am going to dress up like elvis prestley and give out homebrews straight off tap at my friends party.

coolest thing I've read all week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donasay said:

Wanna go to Tuckermans April 2008? I'll supply the corny if you transport.

Brewed at Rdwj's house today, made a new variation of VCCA, which now apparently stands for Vinegar Caramel Cream Ale.

Today was a day of firsts for me.

A new sparging technique got my efficiency from 65% to 72%.... yes!

First time I've racked onto a yeast cake (Wyeast 1056), saving uber money... yes!

Saved off a quart of wort for later, possible starter/gyle?.... yes!

Finally got my process down so I get the volume/OG I want... yes!

I love home brewing!!!

:ban:

Back