What a disaster?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newfiebrew

Reaction score
So I just went to keg my left handed milk stout in one of my five second hand kegs and I kept getting a leak between the gas post and the keg base on two different kegs? I had to rack my beer twice to switch kegs because of this leaking so I hope I didn't get any oxidation. I plumbers taped the treads on the keg post and it seemed to help.

So what could cause a leak between the gas in post and the keg itself? Maybe a warped post or faulty keg and treads?

Also on a different issue why do some of my poppets have a green ring on them while others are black,is this coloring for gAs and beer post poppets,green being gas and black poppets black?

Jamie

[...]So what could cause a leak between the gas in post and the keg itself?

Most likely you are missing the small O-rings that go under the dip tube flanges. This O-ring not only seals the dip tube to the threaded riser, it also seals the post.

Also on a different issue why do some of my poppets have a green ring on them while others are black,is this coloring for gAs and beer post poppets,green being gas and black poppets black?

I don't think there's an actual color scheme for poppets. I have black, green, yellow and gray poppet gaskets, scattered between gas and beer posts...

Cheers!

Back