What 2 styles/recipes to brew at the same time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pugalicious

Reaction score
Been out of the game for a while now (living with in-laws to save money to buy a home - home is now bought! :mug:). I also pulled the trigger on a new 10 gal Blichmann BrewEasy system which should be here in a couple weeks.

I would like to brew 2 batches on the same brew day (back to back) but have them be different styles. I'm thinking part of the challenge may be yeast fermentation temp profiles needing to be the same, as they'll both be fermenting in the same chest freezer.

This will be my first brew day in a long time, and also my first brew day with the new equipment, so I'd like simple recipes and fermentation profiles.

To add to the situation, I'd like at least one of them to be something with a very low hop profile to help ease the expensive purchase with SWMBO (stout, scotch ale, belgian tripel, cream ale, etc.).

Any and all suggestions are welcomed and appreciated! Thanks in advance!

:mug:

-Jason

I brew two or three batches almost every time I brew and have never felt incredibly limited as to what styles I make (although I don't make lagers). Most ales have a similar fermentation temp range so there shouldn't be much of an issue. For example on Friday I made a sweet stout, a kriek, and an american brown.

I find this is a more efficient use of my time since one brew takes me about 4 hours, but back-to-back brews takes about 6. I mash the second beer while boiling the first, only have to clean most equipment once other than a quick rinse between batches, etc. (EDIT: I'm not familiar with the BrewEasy, so I'm not sure if "stacking brews" like this is feasible on that system)

I split a yeast starter between two five gallon batches and ferment them side by side all the time.

Recently I've done: dampfbier & rye beer with Hefeweizen yeast, Dortmunder & vienna lager with Danish lager yeast, and stout - blonde ale with Kolsch yeast.

Latest posts

Back