Well my dad has cancer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear that. I lost my big bother/best friend/mentor to it 15 years ago....it's still hard.

And I lost my dad 4 years ago....

Prayers to you and your family.

(Hell, have more than one...you're entitled.)

Sorry to hear that. I lost my big bother/best friend/mentor to it 15 years ago....it's still hard.

And I lost my dad 4 years ago....

Prayers to you and your family.

(Hell, have more than one...you're entitled.)

Truth is I'm on number 5.

My dad too. His is under control, for now. I try to spend as much time with him as possible. I wish you the best.

Hang in there. My stepmom had several cancerous regions and was initially not given any treatment, just told to get her affairs in order. She finally found someone to work with her, and many months later, she was diagnosed cancer free. Some would call it a miracle, and nonetheless it's a tremendous thing. If I hadn't saw it unfold with my own eyes, I would have been skeptical.

She wrote a book about her experience and I encourage anyone to take a read.

www.elainesmiracle.com

My server hard drive crashed, so the site it in process of being rebuilt from an old backup (yeah, I know. I will have a better backup system on the new server...)

Her email is at the bottom, and she encourages people to email her with questions or just as a way to "get it off their chest".

I'll lift a mug of coffee for your father's health this morning, and a cold glass of homebrew tonight.

Good luck, I hope for the best for him.

I lost my mother to a combination of cancer and scleroderma on 10June2010. Still think about her all the time.

I know lots of survivors; it is all about attitude (your going to be tired of that by the end of this). My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, and breezed through it. I think the trick is to not treat them like there sick. Make them get out of bed and do stuff, the moment you pity them they pity themselves and that’s when they start going downhill.

Hang in there, chin up.

Thanks for support everyone. I feel pretty confident he can beat it, and so does he. He doesn't know the extent yet. He's meeting with doctors this week. But he definitely a "**** that. I've got work to do" attitude about it.

Spend as much time as you can with him. If he pulls through, he still won't last forever. That's life. The greatest thing you can do for him, as a son, is to carry on the life he gave you in the noblest way you can.

Through you, he lives forever!

I lost my father to a cancerous brain tumor that hemorrhaged back in the early 90's. Nothing I could do but stand there & watch him die. Try everything to save him from giving up. It's easy at that age,so spend time with him doing anything you two used to do together. My dad wasn't just my father,we worked together,were bar room buddies,fishin,huntin,workin on cars,workin big gardens too. It still hurts that we couldn't talk him out of that depressed funk they get in sometimes. You must try to succeed where I failed.
you'll feel better,knowing you got him to at least try.
This sermon is ended,go in peace...

Hope everything works out for you. Do what passeddown says and spend as much time as possible with him. You won't regret it. I lost my Mom 18 months ago to gall bladder cancer (Never heard of it before that) She didn't suffer long, I was out every night for those 3 months. She was the bravest person I have ever met.

Hope it all works out ok. Good luck, and godspeed

Hang in there. Mine has had it for 10 years. Kidney, then lung, then brain, then spine. Still going strong and still active. Very much an inspiration for all he's gone through and never complains or expresses fear.

sorry to hear. personally, most of the people i have know to have cancer have survived. Its still hard, but it can definately be beat. Especially this day in age.

Best wishes to you and yours. My grandmother had/has been battling cancer for several years now. Best of luck, I'm having a beer for you.

I lost both of my parents to cancer, Mom was 62, Dad 66. Dad was very much into organic food and taking care of himself (he was a Chiropractor) and Mom followed his lead in that aspect. My grandmother had cancer at age 50, survived it and lived to be 82. My mother-in-law has fought cancer for the last 3 or 4 years. She's 84 now and cancer free!

I guess what I'm trying to say is cancer does not always equal early death. Hang in there. I wish your dad a healthy recovery. A couple homebrews are cool.

Back