Well, I think this conclusively ends all debate.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't find a single point of contention with that. Bravo to the list makers.

This is the best part of the article:

""The reality is most of these [beers with big marketing budgets] aren't very good at all,” O'Connor told “Big Data Download.” “Our data shows that when people actually taste lesser-known beers and compare them to the most popular ones, they often prefer the small-brewery option," O'Connor said."

In other words, if people are allowed to compare the swill on this list to real beer, real beer wins.

In other words, most people don't have a clue.

In other words, I need a beer.

on a similar list about music the same people had Miley Cirus beating out the beatles for the 10th spot ... lol

In a list combining the best beer and best music, Miley Cirus's urine beats out Miller Genuine Draft for 13th place. It certainly has a higher ABV than MGD.

I think I'm going to be sick. Pacifico, Negro Modelo, & Smithwicks are the only beers I would drink. Most of the rest belong on a list that begins with "Worst..." I don't think I have ever had a beer from Namibia!

The only one I'd consider a 5-star beer is Affligem Blonde; Smithwick's and Negro Modelo are OK....but what do I know, I'm not a Beer Advocate "expert."

but what do I know, I'm not a Beer Advocate "expert."

Clearly. All you haters that say ULTRA is flavorless just have crude palates that can't detect the subtle nuances of cascading flavors present in this fine brew. I mean, it must be good; it's got a 5 star rating.

What would we do without lists telling us what we should buy? Without these kind of articles I'd be sitting at home with an empty fridge.

"beer drinkers outside of the United States might consider Budweiser a premium imported beer,"

This implies that the populations in other counties have an even lower appreciation of what real beer is than the USA.

I think that's a compliment? :drunk:

Well, I like Negra Modelo, but wouldn't call it top ten. The rest of the list is pretty meh.

This is the best part of the article:

""The reality is most of these [beers with big marketing budgets] aren't very good at all,” O'Connor told “Big Data Download.” “Our data shows that when people actually taste lesser-known beers and compare them to the most popular ones, they often prefer the small-brewery option," O'Connor said."

In other words, if people are allowed to compare the swill on this list to real beer, real beer wins.

I noticed that too. What's funny is if you go to the beer ratings on FindTheBest only 2 or 3 of the ones listed appear within the first few pages. Most of them are now craft beer from breweries like RR/Founders/Sierra.

I think that article may have struck a nerve with the craft beer crowd. :)

Back