Well how we looking?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigE

Reaction score
Well I've been fermenting now going on day 5. I've been storing the primary in the closet under the stairs because it's dark and it stays a steady 69 degrees regardless of where the house temp is at. I pitched the yeast and 8 hours later the airlock started bubling away and now on day 5 the bubles have started to subside. All I can say is I'm now waaaaaaaay addicted! I've already ran to my local store and bought another 5 gallon secondary so I can have multiple batches going at the same time. I'm going to let this one sit another 5 days and then rack to the secondary! Thanks for this great website and all of your great input! :mug:

DSCN0310.jpg

DSCN0308.jpg

Yep, I would say the baby is growing quite well. In no time you will be going to parent-teacher conferences, swimming lessons, clothes shopping... oops. Sorry, the beer. right.... lol

Everything looks as it should so far. You might want to read around some other threats on the message boards. You may or may not want to rack to a secondary depending on what type of beer it is and what you want to accomplish with the beer...

BTW, what kind of beer is it?

One thing you MUST do, and all kidding aside here... is to go back to your homebrew store and pick up more ingredients as well as another fermenter and brew again!

I hope the beer turns out great!

LOL...yeah the kid grows regardless. Unfortunately couldn't get the kid to smile and look at the camera when I was taking the pics this afternoon. I have been reading that many people on here don't use a secondary...the sticky's up top are invaluable. The beer is a pale ale from Midwest brewing called Black Dog:

6lb of Liquid Gold extract
1lb British Crystal 50-60L malt
12oz malted wheat speciality grains
1oz Mt Hood bittering hops
White labs WLP001

Back