Welding Needs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgauthier20420

Reaction score
I'm turning my kettle into a electric keggle and adding a couple welded ports for elements and a bottom drain. I'm trying to get an idea of what it should cost to get 2 ferrules and a 1/2" SS couple welded to a keggle. I've got 1 quote from a guy but I wanted to make sure I did my due diligence before deciding. What have other people paid for this sort of this? FYI, I'm in SW Chicago burbs.

On another note, anyone in the SW Chicago burbs want to let me know what you'd charge?

I do it in Southern AZ for $20/ferrule + parts. So it pretty much works out for $25/ fitting. 1.5" TC ferrules are $4 +- and 304 1/2"NPT half-couplings are $2 +-.

No matter what make sure that your weldor backpurges!!! You do not want stainless to sugar. That will leaves pores for bacteria and it boils the chromium off, which is the corrosion resistant part of the metal.

I do it in Southern AZ for $20/ferrule + parts. So it pretty much works out for $25/ fitting. 1.5" TC ferrules are $4 +- and 304 1/2"NPT half-couplings are $2 +-.

No matter what make sure that your weldor backpurges!!! You do not want stainless to sugar. That will leaves pores for bacteria and it boils the chromium off, which is the corrosion resistant part of the metal.

Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to note that to whoever does it.

Back