Weld herms coil fittings?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlieatthedisco

Reaction score
Trying to get my herms system going here. Does anyone weld or solder their compression bulkheads to their kettle at all? Or is the weld less fittings the way to go? Just trying to save some money where I can. Thanks
Charles

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I think most people go weldless just out of ease, that said there is no reason you couldn't weld in some couplers

The only reason people don't weld them is because they can't or don't want the expense of having it done. If you are capable of doing it, it's the better way to go, but either way will make the same beer. I also welded 1/2" couplers to my HERMS HLT for my coil.

All welded here on my kettles. There is concerns over welding to thin stainless kettles, like a bayou

Same here... welded 1/2" full couplers, 1/2" compression fittings, 1/2" ss herms coil.

Thanks for the replies. I definitely want to weld them. Is there anything other to use than expensive stainless valves on the couplings? I have a cam lock system so I guess I have to

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back