Weird...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyebrau

Reaction score
Just thought I'd post this up. Very bizarre. I had this Scottish 80/- in my temp controlled chest freezer for secondary at lager temps for a couple weeks. Determined the brew is ruined by chlorophenols, but that's a different discussion. Need to dump it - that's the point.

Anyway I rebrewed yesterday and last night pulled the carboy out to make room for the bucket of the new brew. Let the temp in the freezer get back to 58F and put the bucket in. The carboy sat out overnight and all day today, I haven't dumped it yet. I went out to check on the new brew to confirm fermentation (success, btw) and noticed this. Really weird... The beer was siphoned up into the airlock stem, perfectly up to the top, even making a little bubble across the top. But not a single drop went into the airlock water. It's still perfectly clear.

Pic is a bit dark, but you get the point. Cheers.

image-4147799135.jpg

It's the old brew, btw, if that isn't obvious (carboy vs. bucket). Bucket is bubbling away nicely.

By morning it had dribbled out into the airlock. Weird timing, I guess.

Back