Weird Honeywell wiring issue.. I need help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I just fired up my brutus 10 build with honeywell smart valves for the first time after completing all of the wiring. Everything went great besides one thing. For some reason the hot surface igniter on the hlt and mashtun would not start up, yet I can hear an audible click from the valve and I am getting gas flow to the pilot valve. I some how stumbled apon putting one burner on the auto position with the 3 way switch and the other burner on the on position then all of a sudden they worked! Can anyone please help me understand what is wrong with the wiring. I have the auber 2362 pids. The burners do turn on and off with the desired temp set on the pids and the auto/off/manual function is working properly.

On a side note I couldn't find a single wiring diagram were to put the thermostat wire from the smart valve so I hooked it up to the 3 way switch on the auto side of the contact block

I wired it as per this drawing from another homebrewtalk member

Attachments

• Honeywell PID Schematic.jpg
    Honeywell PID Schematic.jpg
    642.5 KB · Views: 97
I based my settings off of this post on homebrew talk which is the same pid model but without the smart valves.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190608-093438_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190608-093438_Samsung Internet.jpg
    831.7 KB · Views: 35
I based my settings off of this post on homebrew talk which is the same pid model but without the smart valves.
I used a 2362A in my control panel and its outy Control Output Mode setting is also set to 4 (J2 as on/off control relay contactor output; SSR output disabled) so if yours is too then it is in on/off mode.

I just turned my 2362 on and confirmed I that I used the same settings as in your picture except for Hy where I used 1 and Atdu where I used the default setting of 10.

Hope you can figure out what's wrong.

[...]I some how stumbled apon putting one burner on the auto position with the 3 way switch and the other burner on the on position then all of a sudden they worked![...]

You posted half your wiring, yet the above suggests interactions with the half you didn't show.
Rather than post someone else's scribblings I suggest you draw a true representation of your wiring and post that here...

Cheers!

So I fired up the control panel two days ago and it worked flawlessly with out even touching a thing which doesn't make sense, but okay. I tried it today and its not working again...

I opened the control panel up today to take another look at what is going on and the HSI's only light in the following postions. HLT-auto & MLT-auto or HLT-auto & MLT-manual and vise versa. I tried changing the output settings on the pid and had no luck. I also tried moving the thermostat wire to the pid and the top of of the switch but, it causes the gas to the pilot to remain on as long as the panel has power. Im not an electrician nor a detailer so here is my horrible drawing of my wiring. The MLT is wired the exact same way to the same terminal blocks.

Attachments

• 20190614_184202.jpg
    20190614_184202.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back