Water Profile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s the recipe

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1038698/kalamazoo-stout-clone
the “allspice” is actually brewers licorice drops but there is no choice for that. I used 1 package for 10 gallons finished. Started drinking it too soon, by 2 months of cold conditioning the licorice really came through, should have aged it that long before I started drinking. Next brew I may try 2 packages of brewers licorice drops. Sticks no longer available. Didn’t have an issue with dissolving the drops.

Thanks! What was the original suggestion for licorice? I have a pack of the sticks, and will likely use those.

Sticks are what has been used in the past, they just aren’t available anymore or I probably would have used them. Lots of warnings about adding early to boil to make sure they dissolve in threads I’ve read, no personal experience.

Back