Water Boiler Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know of anything like that in the US, but there is probably something (look for commercial supplies, like something a hotel would have to give out hot water for tea?)

Looks like it would work great as long as you can get a big enough one. The reviews look pretty helpful and make it seem like it works great as boil kettle, BIAB would work well in it I believe with a big enough unit.

I'm sure you could make it work, but I wouldn't want to use this. If it were free and I was on a budget/new to brewing, perhaps as it could get the job done to mash in. I could make it work to hold my temps were I wanted. However, I don't think BIAB would get the best efficiency out of this unit unless you really stir the mash often to allow the surface area of the grain to get exposed as much as possible to the water. You could definitely make it work, but for the money this costs, I'd spend it to get something much better (in my opinion!).

I seen this on BIAB brewer forum that they use them in the UK which is why it made me question it, I was looking for an indoor solution that I could do without the st ve and stumbled on a forum of UK brewers that use the Buffalo Brewer which Is the one I linked.

$90 is not a bad price. Still though, not for me, but if you have additional uses from this it might not be a bad idea. That's the beauty about homebrew! You can always use ingenuity to figure something out to turn grain to beer.

Product Features
ETLS Certified
Capacity 5.2 Gallons
Dimensions 20Ÿ 3/4"(H)x 10 3/4"(W)x 10 3/4"(D)
Output 1.8 hp
Temperature Range 85 to 210°F

Back